Animals

Aginor

Vice Admiral
Hi Guys!

I wanted to ask this for quite a while, and now I think it is the right time:

What different animal species do we know in the WC Universe and what do they look like? What are they used for and when are they mentioned?

I searched a bit in the internet but I didn't find much.

I think I remember those (from reading about them or from talking about WC):

- Some kid of ape on kilrah
- some huge creature with 4 feet long teeth (or so)
- the centaurian mud pig (I think Iceman compares it with the scimitar for some reason)

That's it. I think there are a few more in the Academy series, but I have to watch them again to search for animals.

I'm looking forward to your answers! :)

- Aginor

Good thread, one Space Point for you.

Most animals are mentioned only in passing and for atmosphere - like the mud pig you mentioned. A few others:

- Academy has at least two 'big' ones - the "Piscean Anthrosquid" and the "Dioscurian Ovizard". Here's a CIC update that shows both of them: https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/7036 I'm sure some other animals appear in the background.

- The beast with the large teeth you'r thinking of is the Nalga, which is native to Draga. They have four heads with several-inch-long teeth in each along with claws larger than a human arm. In the same dialogue Hunter mentions that there's an animal with larger teeth on "Farnsworth's World", but he's cut off before he can say what it is.

- The 'Wald Wolf' on Destinas provided some of the most succulent meant in the 'entire Confederation'. There's a bunch more in Privateer 2, but I'm going to have to look through the material... or someone else can point them out!

Many Kilrathi words refer to animals:

- The "Boryangee" was a cowardly animal native to Kilrah.
- The "Karrigle" was a predatory bird.
- The "Merdha" was a small prey species native to Kilrah.
- The "Nagga" was a predator native to Kilrah.
- The "Rugalga" was an extinct herd species native to Kilrah.
- The "Sczaltal" was an insect, a type of fly.
- The "Traggil" was a prey species of some sort (the Kilrathi trapped them.)
- The "urgaka" was a flying lizard native to Vukar Tag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't remember the dialogue off hand but there's that thing hunter puts in manaic's bunk per the WC2 dialogue - a scene with blair, spirit (i think) And angel. I don't remember if they specified what it was exactly though other than some wierd rat.

Ahh, good one - that was a "slime rat."

Another from Privateer 2 - the Kaladones Rodent, one of the most sought-after pets in the Confederation.

Yeah, right, now I remember that one, too!
That's great, let's see how many animals we can get...

* (Space?) Cod - one of the Privateer 2 wingmen was a former deep-space fish farm worker who took part in "one of the last of the Cod Wars."
* 'Bexian Diving Elephant' - self explanatory, I think.

Back