Angel's Transfer

Yeah, I definitely think one of the best news sequences contained the insider info on the making of Star*Soldier. It really displayed the level of thought that went into the document.

Oh, come on, it was a stupid concept, from the story point of view :). It was just a really lame excuse to explain why the gameplay only involves one carrier on either side.

I'm not sure what's stupid about it. It seems to me to fit with the idea that Confed is desperately hatching a number of last-ditch scenarios (Behemoth, Temblor, Omega, etc) due to the precarious position it's in post-Hakaga attack. It's not a particularly deep concept, and it's a bit of a downer that officially the story can't be "won" in the timeline (yet it makes the war winnable in WC3), but there's an impressive amount of Voices of War/Star Soldier/gauntlet background info for an ostensibly "story-less" game.

but there's an impressive amount of Voices of War/Star Soldier/gauntlet background info for an ostensibly "story-less" game.

I just think this particular chapter in the WC universe has elements that would make it successful with gamers today. A lone carrier, behind enemy lines, removes many of the complications that now confront game designers for space sims. Instead of worrying about integrating huge numbers of ships within missions, this type of story would provide an opportunity for game designers to focus on a smaller multi player co-op campaign done really really well and set within interactive 'environments' that alter the standard formula of outer space flight.

...or not. :) I'll admit, I've just always wanted more background info on the Lex and her mission.

It's perhaps yet again waiting to be salvaged and refitted for yet another mission :p

How many lives can a carrier have?

~~~ perhaps. Well so far one more then a Dreadnought.

Its a shame the Concordia wasn't a drifting wreck, she may have been salvaged and back in space to fight the Mantu. But NOOO she had to go take a swim.

Its a shame the Concordia wasn't a drifting wreck, she may have been salvaged and back in space to fight the Mantu. But NOOO she had to go take a swim.

Mantu? They aren't the big, bad guys the Kilrathi made them out to be. Remember the ICIS manual?

Back