"And the last Kilrathi planet in the sector falls!" (February 2, 2012)

I do not, but it's based more on refueling aircraft than ships--a Clydedale extending a fuel probe do a Broadsword can refuel below it. Not what I imagine for a capship.

It's in WC2 proper first, IIRC, and is reused later

Huh. Thanks for the video link. Funny - I'd completely forgotten about that sequence. As LOAF noted, it's not particularly relevant to capital ship replenishment but it's cool to see. :cool:

Ok, I've put together something using LOAF's "Missing Man" formation suggestion. I'm hoping the formation is obvious enough in the current composition - happy to hear people's thoughts on that though.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Tiger's-Claw_Missing_Man-01_t.jpg

Another request: a flight of Hornet's over the Tiger's Claw in "missing man" formation that we can use in memorial news updates.

I had the same thought the other day. A big banner size one would be great for the memorial updates.

Ok, I've put together something using LOAF's "Missing Man" formation suggestion. I'm hoping the formation is obvious enough in the current composition - happy to hear people's thoughts on that though.

I think changing the POV to looking up towards the formation would be better. Right now it's a little cluttered because the Claw is in the background. I think seeing the formation from below and see the "missing man" peel away would be really cool.

Something kind of like this...(in terms of perspective) Or this one...(huge pic so just linking to it...) http://whatsyourstitchnstuff.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/missing-man-formation2.jpg

And have the Claw off to the side or something...so it's a flyby/missing man.

519184233_756ef77267.jpg

Hey guys. Nothing new to show but ever since the shadowing on the engines of the 'Claw was spotted by Compellor, it's bugged me and I finally found some time to fix it today. New images are below.

Venice_Assault-02-Thumbnail.jpg

Full sized images below -

1920x1080

2560x1440

Oh, right. Makes no sense for a light source like the exhaust nacelles to have shadows inside it. Nice to see the subtle correction.

Edit: Wow, looked like wcnews.com went down for a while there... I just wanted to add that the mirage effect suggesting the intense heat emanating from the nacelles is a nice touch as well.

Ah. Thanks Wedge. I'm glad you picked up the heat distortion. I didn't want to overdo it but was wondering if it was too subtle.

I'm hoping to do another scene or two with the Claw when I get some time but with a newborn baby arrived, it might be longer than than I'd like. :)

Back