An experience like SWG Jump to lightspeed?

FlightShtick

Captain
Is their anything out there close to the sandbox space feel of JTL? Where you could just fly around and encounter randoms? That was the best thing about the game, I think I barely touched ground in that game.

The two Privateer games were the only sandbox Wing Commanders. Neither of them were multiplayer but their were plenty of random encounters.

There is always the star wars fantastic freelancer mod Freeworlds. They put so much love in the game pushing the engine, I hope they are still active

If you can have some patience on their part the swgemu team has vowed to do the Jump To Lightspeed expansion once they've finished up to a certain patch point.

http://www.swgemu.com

They are the closest emulator team to accomplishing that task. Watch that space. I do not know if the Kashyyyk ships like the Heavy X-Wing will make it but we're likely getting the pre-nerf parts. Such as an oddity like an A-Wing can have more mass allotment then a Y-Wing but it's still quite fluid at this point. Not sure about Nova/Orion either but we'll see.

SWGEMU said getting JTL implemented is one of the easiest part of the games, but they made a promise to get all of ground done first. There's smart friendly guys but by the time the ground is done Derek Smart and Chris Roberts will have had their third child together. :D
Sorry, I kid I kid.

I played JTL last night on stellabellum unfortunately its a NGE server.Hopefully they will release their code to SWGEMU and SWG Reckoning.

Back