an argument of whether flying cars would even be foreseeable.

I was thinking scifi books and movies have promoted the belief that they believe someday we will have flying cars, but after reading WC books and playing the games I have come to the conclusion I don't think this would be possible (for instance the second harry potter movies trailer with the flying car with magic none the less but it brought along this question to my head.) the fact that flying a fighter in this time or in the WC universe you have to be trained in a difficult training course which most drivers would probably meet the requirements to do so or would be to complicated for some. plus the fact that it takes a long time to prep the fighters which would mean if a car were to be able to do so it would take to long to prep for the average trip to the grocery store. also the fact that no wings means no balance. then theres the fact of 9/11 (to figure in alot of terrorists could do major damage and it would be hard to tell who is one and whos not with all of them flying around) so In my theory I think it would be to much of a hassle and danger and I'd expect more of a transporter machine instead of a flying car. Just my opinion though. :cool:

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
also the fact that no wings means no balance.

Pfft... no it doesn't. Not with a properly designed system...

then theres the fact of 9/11 (to figure in alot of terrorists could do major damage and it would be hard to tell who is one and whos not with all of them flying around)

That's a rather stupid argument. People can quite easily ram a car filled with explosives into a building and take it down and there's not much you can do about that, either.

TC when I meant the thing about the terrorists I meant something to the effect of how in the movie the 5th element how disorganized things are with cars all over in different areas of hieght. right now traffic air controllers have a hell of a time making sure things are on the up and up. now add the fact of all the flying cars. also the fact that cars on the ground like they are now are much more controllable and easier to see suspisious activity. I'M not argueing the fact a car with explosives can destroy buildings as they did in oklahoma and the first time they tried to attack the world trade center. see my point.

Just because they're flying cars doesn't mean you let them go anywhere... You can still have roads. Let's call them sky-roads for fun! Also, traffic police. The automobiles would need to be heavily computerized anyway, so it's more a matter of setting up the software to follow legal paths. The police can go after things that aren't following legal guidelines... Because terrorists will use them against us is a stupid reason against almost anything.

Back