American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

I don't want to get the Best Real Life Quotes thread closed down so I figured I'd start this one to continue the arguement that I started there. Lets let that one go back to normal and air out or frustrations in this one. I'm doing this cause I think I was part of the reason Chris Blair's Thread about "best wing commander movie scene" got closed by TC and I don't want to be the cause of another. Now I have probably just made some enemies but I really don't care cause I fight for what I believe in. As for offending Quarto I didn't want to and I'm sorry cause I respect your work but It happens sometimes.

In reply to LeHah's war pic, I have to say this. It is rather graphic, and it'll probably offend some, but after seeing that I wouldn't be surprised if Binladen and Saddam jerk off to videos of September 11th and the Bali bombings. Together.

Originally posted by DoomsdayPlague
As for offending Quarto I didn't want to and I'm sorry cause I respect your work but It happens sometimes.
Oh, you didn't offend me. If I was offended by people who say foolish things... why, I'd be offended all the time :p.

Re: Re: American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

Originally posted by Quarto
Oh, you didn't offend me. If I was offended by people who say foolish things... why, I'd be offended all the time :p.

Yes at first I did say something foolish and stupid but I did explain what I meant in better terms in a response to your post as well as TC. I saw how you could read what you had thought into what I said. I also try to defend my reasoning and I don't think you responded to that. As you misinterpreted what I had said from the fact I didn't state my facts cleary enough in the first posting of it. you have to understand that I am in a country that has alot of other countries jelous always judging my country. I think you have as much right to your opinion as I do. I was not thinking clearly after what riot had said as it made me see red.
But how can you honestly tell me you know more about my country than I do and what the votes were at the recent election, if you do then as I said you got to much time on your hands dude . Unlike alot of people my age in my country I always took a look at was happening in the world and the politics of my country because like my parents I am a soldier to. Yes I didn't go to war or had basic training. but I always had to move losing friends making hard fresh starts which until now didn't work out. I have had to sit by as my parents were waitng to be called to war. which my dad has done in the silent war in Honduras. I have always been scared that they would be taken from me. I'm lucky compaired to the fictional Lance Casey as his father the Iceman died. well I was five while he was there. he could of died who knows. in about 7 months my sister-in-law will have to go to bosnia after giving birth and my brother who is also military will have to stay here hoping his wife doesn't get killed. I don't like war but I will support it. so I always pay attention to the world and elections and want to make sure that my country will get someone in office that will keep my family safe and not cut spending and shoot a missle or two and say my job is done. you judge a man or women by the actions they take, the way they perform under pressure, and the company he keeps. Not one screw up on a catch phrase. so hey judge me as you will. hate me if you want. I am just tired of people pissing on everything I believe in and who I believe in. (now I am standing in my room looking at the flag on the wall with my hand on my heart say the pledge of my countries allegence.)

Re: Re: Re: American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

I don't like war but I will support it. so I always pay attention to the world and elections and want to make sure that my country will get someone in office that will keep my family safe and not cut spending and shoot a missle or two and say my job is done. you judge a man or women by the actions they take, the way they perform under pressure, and the company he keeps. [/B]

I concentrated on this in particular because it is well written. I generally agree with what you say, but especially this part about supporting action that has to be taken.

Re: Re: Re: Re: American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
I concentrated on this in particular because it is well written. I generally agree with what you say, but especially this part about supporting action that has to be taken.

Thanks I'm not crazy as my posts make me seem sometimes. I just get angry at things I read and sometimes post Irrational things. I do have a level head most of the time. But sometimes I lose control as most people do. We are not perfect If god made us that way, what would be the point of life. :D

Exactly. If I was perfect, I'd doubt I'd make comments on Binladen's or Saddam's sexual preferences. I probably wouldn't get upset either. And the world is far from perfect. In a perfect world, Spirit would be alive, a real person, and be with me. :p No, if I could choose anyone, it would probably be either Rebecca Chambers or Aeris. Anyway, in a perfect world things wouldn't fall to shit like they have. In fact, I think today is the deadline for Iraq to allow weapons inspectors in on the threat of war. And if I was perfect I 'know' I wouldn't run off at the mouth on tangents like I sometimes do.

Re: Re: Re: American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

But how can you honestly tell me you know more about my country than I do and what the votes were at the recent election, if you do then as I said you got to much time on your hands dude.
I pointed out that the results of the recent elections mean very little, because of a record low election turnout. You didn't even try to dispute this, you simply said that you don't see how I can say this because I'm not American. Very well, then - if you think that I don't know what I'm talking about, then what was the election turnout? If you believe I'm wrong, prove it. Don't tell me why you think I'm wrong, just tell me what is right :).

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
but after seeing that I wouldn't be surprised if Binladen and Saddam jerk off to videos of September 11th and the Bali bombings. Together.

Um... yeah... ok... that's nice to know. I'm glad you're making constructive point.

I know, sick. Seriously, Binladen wants nothing less than genocide of the West and the Christians and Jews, so every time I see his face all I want to do is go to war. (Not lately, though). So yeah, it was sick. But I'm sure others would have similar feelings.

Doomsday, NO ONE on earth is "jealous" of the us, that is a silly americentric view of the world and as an american i am offended whenever anyone speaks of such lunacy

Re: Re: Re: Re: American Politics debate continued from Best Real Life Quotes

Originally posted by Quarto
I pointed out that the results of the recent elections mean very little, because of a record low election turnout. You didn't even try to dispute this, you simply said that you don't see how I can say this because I'm not American. Very well, then - if you think that I don't know what I'm talking about, then what was the election turnout? If you believe I'm wrong, prove it. Don't tell me why you think I'm wrong, just tell me what is right :).

I'm gonna back off a little on the subject and I see why you got angry with me. I'll have to look at my data again cause as I said I was pretty Irrational the other day I took a day and a half off of posting to become more rational as I haven't slept well lately and I got set off by something small but I'm back to being level headed now. Though some of the points I have raised are very valid and you as well as the others points were valid to. I did miss the point you made about the proof to back my statement on the election I'll take a look over the next day and get It for you. :D

Originally posted by Napoleon
Doomsday, NO ONE on earth is "jealous" of the us, that is a silly americentric view of the world and as an american i am offended whenever anyone speaks of such lunacy

Tell that to Binladen and most of the arab countries. Even the countries supporting the US make fun of it behind are backs. You sure your seeing straight.

Even the countries supporting the US make fun of it behind are backs.

Wow... I don't think Canadians are very behind the U.S.'s back about it...

Originally posted by TC
Wow... I don't think Canadians are very behind the U.S.'s back about it...

T he Canadians I've met from Toronto or anywhare in the Ontario Canada area were actually cool people, But I know almost (with an emphazes on the word Almost) all french Canadians hate americans and arn't afraid to show it if thats what you meant TC.

I know that I said how I wanted to stay out of these issues for a time, but I thought I'd pass this up. Anyone into the WWF in 1997? Well, remember Bret Hart's heel turn when he became anti American?

...Because we all know the WWE has such sway over international politics...

Back