Amazon released a game engine

Pining for the fjords ?!? Look, I took the liberty of checking that website, and the only reason it was still up was because it had been NAILED there!

(Great to hear from you Howard and great to hear you guys are still alive and well. I'll still be rooting for you all! :))

Yeah are talkin about fan mods Pedro. Lol. Also, WCnut, do you know what happened to Wings of St Nazire? It was looking really cool then suddenly no news for over a year. :/

Yeah are talkin about fan mods Pedro. Lol. Also, WCnut, do you know what happened to Wings of St Nazire? It was looking really cool then suddenly no news for over a year. :/

Hmmm any fan remake would have a very tough job. It would have to be perfect, without any rough edges to pick it over the original.

Hmmm any fan remake would have a very tough job. It would have to be perfect, without any rough edges to pick it over the original.
Imagine if the gameplay was like how it is in Standoff and everything other than the in flight gameplay being exactly like it currently is. I dunno why but it sounds amazing to me.

Imagine if the gameplay was like how it is in Standoff and everything other than the in flight gameplay being exactly like it currently is. I dunno why but it sounds amazing to me.

Standoff has a lot of rough edges which are forgiven because it's a fan mod. Also I think it would be jarring to go from low resolution gameflow to high res gameplay.

I'd rather see both updated or neither.

Howard Day's post is just a couple above yours, he is a lead team member of St Nazire. :)

Standoff has a lot of rough edges which are forgiven because it's a fan mod. Also I think it would be jarring to go from low resolution gameflow to high res gameplay.

I'd rather see both updated or neither.
I AM talking about a fan mod. Nothing official of course.

Howard Day's post is just a couple above yours, he is a lead team member of St Nazire. :)
Wow how did I miss that. Nice to see you Howard! I am a big fan of St Nazire. I watched all ur footage multiple times in anticipation. The world needs a game like this. I hope someday you find the time. Since it's an original idea you can sell it yeah? I would gladly buy it when it's done. Take care!

I AM talking about a fan mod. Nothing official of course.

You're talking about a fan recreation of beloved source material. A different beast entirely.

A remake really needs to surpass the original without exception.

Slight tangent, will any of the wignut crowd be at GDC this year?

Last edited:
Loving the idea of this (not sure where the revenue stream comes from). However, they need to get support for more platforms.

Back