AMA - Mark Hamill - Jan 22

Ooh interesting... I guess we should come up with a list of Wing Commander stuff to ask since I doubt I'll be around in the day to actually participate... so somebody else could possibly ask about his supposed WC movie cameo, or how he feels now about WC compared to his other perhaps more well known roles (star wars, the joker).

Nice, that'll be 6pm in Britain, and 7pm for most of Europe. It's funny, aside from the Merlin cameo already mentioned, I can't think of any burning questions right now. I guess it would be nice to know if Chris Roberts explicitly told him whether or not Blair was killed when the wormhole collapsed.

Maybe someone can chime in a question whether he's heard of Star Citizen and consider doing a voice role.

Prophecy wasn't Chris' baby so be couldn't really comment on EA's addendum to the series. Roberts' Blair might still be alive if they ever let him touch the IP again. Maybe.

Prophecy wasn't Chris' baby so be couldn't really comment on EA's addendum to the series.

I'd forgotten that. Damn.

To be fair I'm probably clutching at straws, it seemed pretty clear the implication was that he died, then in Secret Ops we had confirmation of memorial services celebrating his life on Sol and Nephele Prime. It's not inconceivable that he could return if the series were revived, maybe he shook off that bug that jumped on him, and escaped in his fighter, somehow ending up on the wrong side of the jump gate to be taken prisoner again. I think the intention in Prophecy was probably to kill him off. Sure was ambiguous though.

Actually, I don't want to hijack this thread by turning into a discussion of Blair's final fate for the 500th time, but in regards to my last post; seems I'm wrong about there being a conscious effort to kill off Blair by the powers that be at EA. Take a look at this excellent and insightful post on the matter made by @Bandit LOAF in 2008. It would appear a 3D artist is responsible for the collapse scene and EA simply ran with it, thus not killing Blair in the strictest of senses:
http://www.crius.net/zone/showpost.php?p=321902&postcount=9

Back