Am I missing something?: Afterburner in Tarsus

McNally

Spaceman
There doesn't seem to be an afterburner upgrade that I can purchase for my Tarsus, and pushing joystick button 1 gives me afterburner sounds, but no acceleration.

It's been a number of years since I played Privateer, but I'm reasonably sure I could get an afterburner for the Tarsus. Am I missing something?

giving the afterburner command if you have no afterburner means max thrust

if there's no afterburner for sale where you're landed, perhaps you need to look elsewhere...

Oh, great. I've already gone to three different systems.

Maybe the Tarsus is so old that nobody makes afterburners compatible with it anymore... :p

McNally said:
Oh, great. I've already gone to three different systems.

Maybe the Tarsus is so old that nobody makes afterburners compatible with it anymore... :p

One can buy everything/anything in New Detroit including afterburners.

Hello,

McNally said:
There doesn't seem to be an afterburner upgrade that I can purchase for my Tarsus, and pushing joystick button 1 gives me afterburner sounds, but no acceleration.

It's been a number of years since I played Privateer, but I'm reasonably sure I could get an afterburner for the Tarsus. Am I missing something?

The Afterburner appears under 'Engine' after purchasing the Reactor 1 Upgrade.

strange....as the afterburner was a key ingredient in the acquiring of the cash for for a level 1 engine/reactor upgrade.

Actually, the afterburner is not keyed to any purchase of a reactor upgrade.

And you don't need one to get the cash for a new reactor, it just makes it a lot less boring along the way. :)

Milspec guns are Perry only and Autotracking is REALLY rare anywhere, period. I've found it as far out as Oxford before though...

Back