Alternate Ending for WC3

Awhile back I came up with an "Alternate Ending" for my WC3 DVD (Which I'm going to add as a special feature to the new DVD once I re-edit Queeg's movie :) ) and I came to the conclusion that this might be something others would be interested in. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at things having to do with the internet and have no clue how to upload the file. I even tried looking for the information on this site (The forums; searching "how to upload") and hadn't any luck.

The ending that I've made, is an ending that I think Blair would've wanted and would be an appropriate end to the series if there wasn't a WC4 and a certain scene in the game didn't happen...(Hence, Alternate ending) But the way I cut my original film, the scene in the game really didn't take place.

If anyone can help me upload this work, please contact me.

Thanks!

It's on!

Thanks to BrynS, I was able to upload the file to FileFront and its now advaliable to the public!

Here it is folks, the Alternate Ending to WC3 that will make a great addition to any WC3 DVD: WC3 Alternate Ending

It's made in wmv format and doesn't require any special codecs that I'm aware of. Enjoy!

Quite funny. The scene with Thrakath does put a blot of error in the whole gameflow path, as Thrakath is meant to be killed before Blair destroys Kilrah.

But otherwise good.

Thanks for sharing this, Maverick's Soul! :)

If the series was to end with WC3 or at least the decision to sacrifice Blair as the protagonist was sealed with both winning and losing WC3 endgames resulting in his death either way and thus also for the official timeline, then as a winning ending, I probably would have been happy with your version or one similar after getting over the surprise of Origin killing him off -- the "screw you" scene was always a favourite!

Which specific scene are you referring to as the one that wouldn't happen for this ending to be valid, was it an FMV or gameplay scenario? I can only think of the Thrakkath duels in Loki or Kilrah that would be conflicting. The part that niggles for me, apart from the fact that Thrakkath shouldn't be alive then given the previous duel as per the book (although ultimately such a scene, i.e. Blair's death, would have more dramatic impact if it was at the hands...er paws :p of Thrakkath rather than say, Melek) is that Thrakkath's gloating ("...it is a pleasure at last to have finally and completely conquered you...") wouldn't really make sense if Kilrah had just been destroyed, even though it could be applied as a literal reference to Blair, I feel it was a clear reference to the Terran Confederation and humanity. With some more variation such a scenario as yours could no doubt have worked if Origin decided to end the game like that.

The first time I finished the winning track all those years ago and I was watching Blair's Excalibur caught up in the tractor beam, I remember thinking how cool it would be for the beam to be suddenly disabled by laser bursts from offscreen as the camera pulls back to reveal the large Confed fleet jumping in-sytem with the vanguard heading towards Melek's ship.:cool: When the scene progressed to Blair on the flightdeck being led up to Melek, I initially thought that he may be in for a warrior's death (having experienced the losing track and Thrakkath cinematics before finishing the winning track), however that quickly evapourated following Melek's reaction.

Anyway, thanks again for the video. :)

Cheers,

Bryn

Thanks for the comments guys!

The scene with Thrakath does put a blot of error in the whole gameflow path, as Thrakath is meant to be killed before Blair destroys Kilrah.

In regards to that part in the game, all that would need to be done is cut from the cloaked autopilot scene and straight to the "Destroying Kilrah" sequence(s). Like they say in screenwriting and editing class, if its cut out and audience doesn't see it, it never existed :)

is that Thrakkath's gloating ("...it is a pleasure at last to have finally and completely conquered you...") wouldn't really make sense if Kilrah had just been destroyed, even though it could be applied as a literal reference to Blair, I feel it was a clear reference to the Terran Confederation and humanity.

I definately took that into consideration but just think, that if this was the ending, how arrogant Thrakkath's character really is (He was pretty arrogant throughout the game). Upon capturing him, he probably couldn't care less that his planet is gone as long as he gets to finally kill Blair and rub it in his face before doing so ;) . Which leads to Blair's comment. It shows that he clearly isn't buying Thrakkath's crap and knows that he has the upper hand (At least in my edit of the ending, you can even get a hint of Blair's reaction when Thrakkath gives his speech. Like he wanted to say "Gimme a break"); which adds more meaning and backing to his "Screw you" comment. Its almost like he's saying "Oh yeah, well I just destroyed your ENTIRE planet...how do you like that!".

One thing that hasn't been brought up yet (That will eventually but I'll just mention it) is "Why isn't Thrakkath at the treaty signing". The answer: Because he's too proud of his race. I believe that the majority of the Kilrathis would stand with Melek in trying to keep their race alive but a small group would still follow Thrakkath in his endless battle against humanity (You can see some of this happen in WC4).

If they made a sequel based on this ending, WC4 (Or a WC3 Expansion) would be about ConFed pursuing Thrakkath and his band of rebels.

In some cases it would work, in others it wouldn't; it depends on how the rest of the film is edited. I'm not even gonna take the game into consideration because quite frankly, you can't when it comes to making a feature film out of it.

Well, now with that said, I hope I've enlightened people and hope you guys continue to enjoy it. I had a lot of fun making it :D

I think ya did a nice job on that. I also think ya have some good ideas even tho it would make the regular storyline a little wierd =X

Thanks for putting this together Mav, I enjoyed seeing the footage again for the first time.. since I didn't know how it was going to turn out. I think Thrakath saying he was pleased to completely and utterly conquer Blair could be appropriate since he did conquer Blair, even if Kilrah is destroyed and they didn't conquer Earth.
Maverick's Soul said:
The ending that I've made, is an ending that I think Blair would've wanted
Do you really think so? I don't think Blair would've wanted that ending.. but then again maybe he would've if his death in Prophesy was very unpleasant.

dacis2 said:
If Blair dies, then who's going to stop Tolwyn?

Bondarevsky and the Landreich?

Kruger is unlikely to make any kind of move unless it benefits the Landreich or his territory is threatened.

It would have been nice to know what happened to those characters during the UBW conflict. However, with the passing of Andrew Keith we only have the faintess knowledge as to where he was going to take them.

Do you really think so? I don't think Blair would've wanted that ending.. but then again maybe he would've if his death in Prophesy was very unpleasant.

I think he would've wanted it because:

A) He wouldn't know how to lead a normal life. Take WC4 for example. Didn't he seem pretty eager to leave that planet after Maniac told him ConFed wanted him back?

B) He gets to be reunited with his love Angel and went out in the same manner no less.

C) In the normal "Good" ending, he seemed to be expecting that death and even pushed Melek to "Do it".

D) It closed a circle to a very trying existance. He entered the war, fought for years, and got to join up with his fallen comrades after ending the war. Also, if Blair knew he was gonna kill a fellow human, I think he would've rather died than commit the act.

E) Like someone said earlier, Tolwyn might take his nobel sacrafice into consideration and not wage war on the border worlds.

Blair was defiant, but he didn't want to die. He wanted to live, so he escaped the major blast and then ejected.

Back