alswantsmoreships - question

MjavTheGray

Spaceman
Good day to everyone.
Guys... It's no good, that schematics of the fighter
is not changed while flying alternative ships...
I flying a broadsword, and schematics shows.. (don't rememberm but let it be rapier)...
And Hornet is not hornet, and so on...
Why?

In the SO - "alswants" switch switches schematics, too!

Several of the cockpits are also reused, and the Tarsus and Broadsword's current cockpit is reused from Secret Ops.

My guess is that they just haven't made the schematics graphics for all the extra ships yet.

Your guess is correct - our time is too limited to worry about making proper cockpits for ships which are only present as cheats in the simulator. I have more important stuff to work on.

I may get around to fixing that later on, but it's not considered a priority or a necessity right now.

Eder said:
I may get around to fixing that later on, but it's not considered a priority or a necessity right now.

Why not release a patch after standoff is finished, when you get free time? :)

Dyret said:

I agree. I think it would be an excellent idea, some time after Standoff is all completed, to compile and release a .tre that adds and corrects some things the fans would like that you didn't have time to do during the original course of releasing the game.

Well, it's still gonna be a few months before the whole thing is finished... my personal guess would be that Eder will find time to do the remaining cockpits in time for episode 5 (but don't treat this as a promise :p). I mean, the guy models WC stuff just for the fun of it in his spare time :p.

Dyret said:

Well, later patches like that should generally try to be avoided. There's still three more episodes and plenty of time for a future episode to retroactively add them into the game.

Now, now. A new standoff episode was just released and you are complaining about cockpits for ships that you have to use a cheat code to fly? :rolleyes:
No one complained about the lack of bug cockpits in wcp...:p

I agree...I think the cockpit have been desgned nice and after flying all of the ships I had no problem with any cockpit repition. I've said it once and I'll say it again (especially now after you've said the whole thing will be done in a matter of months...not years...wink..wink..) I think any time spent working on the game should go now towards getting the remaining episodes out. Standoff represents the most fun I've had gaming since 1999 and I can't wait till i can play the rest. After all, the best is yet to come, right? I'm going crazy waiting here, and not a day goes by that I don't check the progress page on the Standoff website. Maybe I'm already crazy..hmmm....

ChrisReid said:
Well, later patches like that should generally try to be avoided. There's still three more episodes and plenty of time for a future episode to retroactively add them into the game.
Chris got it just right - there's no reason anything which I intend on *ever* including shouldn't be on the Ep 5 package... there's no reason the Ep 5 package shouldn't be final.

And there'll be no between-episode patches either (because taking 5 releases to get one damn game to work as intended is already too much :p).

In the case of the cockpits, it's likely that all ships will have 100% correct cockpits by the time episode 5 comes out... but as I said already, I don't consider it necessary, so if by some bizarre twist of fate I have to cut down my Standoff time to a bare minimum, they'll stay as they are, and I'll work on finishing the game instead.

You gotta have a list of priorities to get a project done, and "RELEASE FINAL VERSION" must *not*, under any circumstances, be the last thing on the list.

Back