All the WC games.

maniac89

I love Wing Commander: Prophecy
Out of all the WC games out there, for every system, every expansion etc., how many of them do you think there are?

Wing Commander - PC, SNES, Amiga, FM Towns, SegaCD, CD32, 3DO, Macintosh
The Secret Missions - PC, SNES, FM Towns
The Secret Missions 2 - PC
Wing Commander II - PC, FM Towns
Special Ops 1 - PC
Special Ops 2 - PC
Wing Commander III - PC, 3DO, PSX, Macintosh
Wing Commander IV - PC, PSX, Macintosh
Wing Commander Prophecy - PC, GBA
Wing Commander Secret Ops - PC
Privateer - PC
Righteous Fire - PC
Privateer 2 - PC
Wing Commander Academy - PC
Wing Commander Armada - PC, PC9821, FM Towns
Proving Grounds - PC

So, I count 34 off-hand... but that's not including Win9x ports (4 -- KSWC1-2, WC3, WC4 and Privateer 2) or weird little extras like Origin FX (which has several WC modules).

There's also WC Deluxe (WC plus SM 1 and 2) and WC II Deluxe (WC II plus SO 1 and 2)

But I don't know if you can count this as they are just packs

Those (and the WC1/2 twinpack, with all 4 addons plus speech for WC2) are just collections, without any changes made to them (unlike the KS versions of WC1-3)

You also didn't mention that Super Wing Commander was ported to PSX, 3DO, and Macintosh.

maniac89 said:
You also didn't mention that Super Wing Commander was ported to PSX, 3DO, and Macintosh.

... because it wasn't? Super Wing Commander was a 3DO port of Wing Commander I, which was later ported to the Macintosh. It's included in the above list under Wing Commander.

Doesn't SWC have extra missions? Like, with Capt. Thorn, Tolwyn, SM 1.5, that doesn't count as a game?

Doesn't SWC have extra missions? Like, with Capt. Thorn, Tolwyn, SM 1.5, that doesn't count as a game?

Super Wing Commander reworks Secret Missions 2 into a different setting... which fans call 'Secret Missions 1.5' because it (theoretically) takes place between The Secret Missions and Crusade. In actuality, much of the content is straight out of Secret Missions 2, including Bossman's death and Hobbes' defection -- it just has a story about attacking a Kilrathi shipyard instead of the Firekka story.

I don't think it has anything with Captain Thorn, whose is referenced only in Freedom Flight and the Wing Commander III novelization.

I have no idea what you mean by "doesn't count as a game". Super Wing Commander is certainly a game.

A Japanese computer. The FM Towns was the first system to come with a CD-ROM standard. Origin's first 'full speech' game was the FM Towns port of Ultima VI.

There's also a console version, the FM Towns Marty.

TopGun said:
There's also WC Deluxe (WC plus SM 1 and 2) and WC II Deluxe (WC II plus SO 1 and 2)

But I don't know if you can count this as they are just packs

It gets much more complicated if you start looking at that. I've got like ten different releases of both WC1 or WC2 just for the PC.

ChrisReid said:
It gets much more complicated if you start looking at that. I've got like ten different releases of both WC1 or WC2 just for the PC.

Yeah I suppose there's budget re-release and compliations

I kinda wish they ported WC I and WC II to the PSX or even to the GBA. I for one would buy them.

TopGun said:
Yeah I suppose there's budget re-release and compliations

And promotional releases, versions specific to a single country, oem editions, etc, etc.

TopGun said:
I kinda wish they ported WC I and WC II to the PSX or even to the GBA. I for one would buy them.

They did port those games, to the most reasonable alternatives available when it made sense to port them. WC1 for the Sega CD has full speech. The SWC 3DO release is a port with fully redone graphics. The WC2 port for SNES was made, but not released.

Yeah, I've downloaded some of them.
BTW, In Prophecy, I don't know why they took the choices for what you want to say out of the in-game cutscenes(like they had in WC3&4&PRI2).

Multiple choices means filming multiple versions of the same scene. Multiple versions filmed means more expense. After the $12M of WC4, "more expense" was not a viable option in the EA corporate environment of the time.

Back