All hail emperor...?

No Regret

Spaceman
I probably know this but I seem to have forgotten
redface.gif
but what was the emporer's name (and his son's)?

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I don't know the name of the emperor, but I do know the name of Thrak's father: Kalralahr Gilkarg
smile.gif

From what I remember...it starts with a "k". Then again judging from what I remember, that's not a sure thing. Damn this memory...

------------------
Stop the foolishness...
stop the insanity...
Re-release the Kilrathi Saga NOW!!!

the last name's nar Kiranka if I'm not mistaken, but it's the first name I can't remember.

Hero: And his first name? Kalralahr means captain.

God, I need some sleep. I'vze been up 48 hours straight...

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

[This message has been edited by No Regret (edited June 24, 2000).]

A moment of clarity: it's probably Kalralahr Gilkarg nar Kiranka.
redface.gif

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

I've digged up in the manuals 'N stuff, and I think you mean his clan name. Judging for Thrak, you're correct
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited June 24, 2000).]

I should point out that although the WC2/KSaga manual refers to Gilkarg nar Kiranka as an Admiral, I find that highly unlikely. Admiral (or perhaps rather Space Marshall) would indeed be his Military title, but I imagine that the proper title is in fact Prince or Heir to Kilrah.

Remember that a few royal people have militiary ranking as a form of 'etiquette'.

Meaning that they have that militiary rank, but it is a formal showing and not a practical rank.

In his case, it almost acts the same (except for a few things here and there).

Wha? A Kilrathi Prince wouldn't be caught dead with just a formal rank. Why do you think Prince Thrakhath was so irritated when he wasn't allowed to fight? Where do you think the Emperor lost his eye and leg? And Prince Gilkarg did a lot more than just lead the Sivar fleet.

The Emperor's a uni-leg? I didn't notice that.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Really? You didn't notice that big metal plate with the glowing red eye in the center bolted to his head?
tongue.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

I'm not sure about the leg, but I could've sworn someone said something like that at some point.

I thought, it was more of clan squabbles and infighting. Remember the intro involving Thrakath and Khasra in SO1?
wink.gif

Quarto said:
I'm not sure about the leg, but I could've sworn someone said something like that at some point.

The Emperor, who is never named, lost his eye and had his leg crippled fighting the Varni long before the Terran/Kilrathi wars.

Crown Prince Gilkarg nar Kiranka was his son, who held the military rank of Admiral. We are never told whether or not Crown Prince Thrakhath has a military rank.

[This message has been edited by Bandit LOAF (edited June 26, 2000).]

In Gilkarg's death scene, Chernikov? In that scene, the emperor is a dark and shadowy figure, and you can hardly tell if his eyes are real or fake.

Thanks for claeing this up LOAF.

------------------
The time is near.

I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back