Aliens Colonial Marines (Still a good game)

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
I too could not wait for this game to come out and I too bought the Collector’s edition because I am a huge Aliens franchise fan, and Yes I too hated “Aliens Resurrection”. Even Aliens 3 was a stretch, but I did learn that they wanted to try to bring back the fear the original Alien movie created regarding one Alien that was always smarter, stronger and one step ahead of us humans. Aliens Colonial Marines is a fun game, yes it is, play through to the end and try to tell me it was not fun. Tell me it was not fun walking around on the “Sulaco” the actual “Sulaco” from “Aliens”. The detail, the cryo-tubes, the lockers, the bridge, the areas not revealed in the movie, the enormity of the ship in its entirety, all there. On to LV-426, tell me it was not fun running around the landscape, seeing the destruction from the implosion of the “Atmosphere Processor” signified with the downed sign of “Hadley’s Hope”. Tell me it was not fun finding the “map” table in what is left of “Operations” or the two sentry guns mounted in the hallway and one still has 4 rounds left. Tell me is was not fun rummaging through the sewers finding the head of Newt’s doll, well actually that was not so much fun because those darn “boilers” scared the heck out of me. Tell me it was not fun entering the Derelict and finding the “Space Jockey”. This is what we wanted, to go to LV-426 as a Colonial Marine and kick some Alien butt. I have read too many times that the story is weak, I think the opposite. It gives a better explanation as to the beginning of Alien 3 than the actual movie did…what caused the ship to go into alert and eject the cryo-tubes….well now you know….thanks. I just wanted to be one of the few to post something positive about this game. I enjoyed finding the collectable “dog tags” and you can also read about each Marine’s demise from the menu screen after locating them. This is a fun game to play, and in the end isn’t that what video games are supposed to do, give the player an entertaining experience.

Only played this a little but i have had a good time in the first 2 scenes of the game.

Looking forward to finding out more as the game goes on.

Back