Air Force

Zebum said:
Wow, i din't realise so many of you guys were military.

Yeah, the majority of us really don't talk about it, or at least, don't post "I'm going to joinz da military!!!!!!" (or better yet, ask someone else to post it for you).

Halman said:
You're out.

You misunderstood me. I was making fun of the attention whores who post "I'm going to join!!!!" and in the end don't do anything in the end (like overmortal). By the time I've posted your links, I've *already* raised my right hand, sworn in, and done my various rites of passage.

Sylvester said:
Hey, I'm preparing to submit my application to Annapolis in April when I'm first eligible. Any suggestions on PT training?

Sylvester, the best way in my opinion is CrossFit. Learn it, do it, live it, love it. Start by implementing the Workout of the Day into your daily routine.

Since you want to go into the military, remember two things:

1) not many military units will emphasize on physical fitness too much, cause let's face it, most military jobs are technical orientated or job related and PT is second. For example, the tech job that the starter of this thread has. Is he going to strap on an M4 and a SIG Sauer and go face to face with bad guys? I wouldn't think so. My girl is a Navy nuclear power student, she ain't paid to keep fit (even though she does), she's paid to study.

2) fitness is not nescessary on PT test scores. I've seen guys with kickass pushup/situp/pullup scores, but when it comes to "remediation" exercises, Log PT, or running around with a 170lb boat on your head, they start crying and breaking down.

CrossFit will help work your heart rate and cardiovascular like no other. Get your body strong, agile, and physically coordinated. Emphasize on not just your PT numbers, but your core and conditioning. You do CrossFit for a while, you'll be way way ahead of your peers.

psych said:
1) not many military units will emphasize on physical fitness too much, cause let's face it, most military jobs are technical orientated or job related and PT is second. For example, the tech job that the starter of this thread has. Is he going to strap on an M4 and a SIG Sauer and go face to face with bad guys? way way ahead of .

I must say i disagree with this (sorry) but in the British military everything is starting to change you have to be fighting fit at all times as no matter if your a techy or a gunner everyones primary job now is to be a soldier and their trade comes second so PT is very important!!!!:p

psych said:
You misunderstood me. I was making fun of the attention whores who post "I'm going to join!!!!" and in the end don't do anything in the end (like overmortal). By the time I've posted your links, I've *already* raised my right hand, sworn in, and done my various rites of passage.

I see what you're saying, it would be kind of lame for me to claim I was going in and then back out. I hope that doesn't mean I did something wrong by talking about it. Frankly, I want to get as much information as I can before going in.

Is anyone here in the Canadian Armed Forces? I've got an application in for the Royal Military College of Canada and I was wondering if anyone here has some tips on surviving there. I've got a rather large military background (just not on the Allies side ~~~) and I've been in Air Cadets for about 7 years now and am hopefully getting my private pilots license this summer if all goes well. Any help is welcome, Thanks.

btw, I'm applying for training to become a transport pilot, I wanna fly the C-130 Hercules aircraft, Im too tall to be a fighter pilot :(

Iceman16 said:
btw, I'm applying for training to become a transport pilot, I wanna fly the C-130 Hercules aircraft, Im too tall to be a fighter pilot :(

The Herky bird is a fine aircraft. Very reliable and very durable. And it can operate anywhere in the world, doing anything you can think of.

Bearcat said:
I see what you're saying, it would be kind of lame for me to claim I was going in and then back out. I hope that doesn't mean I did something wrong by talking about it. Frankly, I want to get as much information as I can before going in.

The best person to talk to is your recruiter. . .. .

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Back