Ahhh the beauty of combat...

Antix

Rear Admiral
I just amused myself greatly and felt I should share because it's a rare moment when I pull off a move I've always wanted to... and so the drab and dull details of my mini-feat begin:

I was tailing a Devil Ray but was also myself being persued by another. My prey makes a direct 180 and heads in my direction, while the other launches a missile at me... I broke hard left drawing myself across the path of the oncoming Devil Ray, dropped a decoy. The missle was drawn directly across the slightly damaged Devil Ray and finished my work for me... the bug's only response? "I am humbled!"

Got any war stories? Feel free to share. I was inspired by my small expression of prowess, hehe, so I felt compelled to tell you all about it. I'm sure there comes a time in your spaceflight where you feel like sharing with others something which amused you greatly or something you're proud of accomplishing. Don't be afraid to let us know what it is. :)

I destroyed three stingrays which were joined together once...I thought that was good :)

Every time I get to the last mission in WCP I see how many kills I can get before I run out of time and have to blow up the last tower, before all of your wingmen die. So far my highest has been 82 (but usually only after playing that mission one or two times before hand to "get in the rhythm"

Antix : That was Great! I have lots of "WcWarStories" !

Every battle I survive (in Nightmare ) is one!

Originally posted by Soma
Every time I get to the last mission in WCP I see how many kills I can get before I run out of time and have to blow up the last tower, before all of your wingmen die. So far my highest has been 82 (but usually only after playing that mission one or two times before hand to "get in the rhythm"

I've gotten 94, but my ship was being held together by pure luck :D

Originally posted by Antix
I just amused myself greatly and felt I should share because it's a rare moment when I pull off a move I've always wanted to... and so the drab and dull details of my mini-feat begin:

I was tailing a Devil Ray but was also myself being persued by another. My prey makes a direct 180 and heads in my direction, while the other launches a missile at me... I broke hard left drawing myself across the path of the oncoming Devil Ray, dropped a decoy. The missle was drawn directly across the slightly damaged Devil Ray and finished my work for me... the bug's only response? "I am humbled!"

Got any war stories? Feel free to share. I was inspired by my small expression of prowess, hehe, so I felt compelled to tell you all about it. I'm sure there comes a time in your spaceflight where you feel like sharing with others something which amused you greatly or something you're proud of accomplishing. Don't be afraid to let us know what it is. :)

Awesome dude I would have loved to see that on tape or mpeg rather I mean. I always am reminded of a line that zero says often in combat in SO when something like that happens "I wish I had a camera". I wonder If it would be possible to incorporate a tool that would let you see recorded flight in battle from different views like in Quake 3 or Gran Turismo 3 or any other game that lets you make a demo video of you in action?

As for my favorite war stories I personally like the 35th mission of the fan created Alien Legacy campaign on the last episode. I like the fact that Your all alone against Hundreds of ships and bunch of capships and dreadnaughts. If I recall you fight Rouge or captured Terran Ships as well. I have not been able to complete this mission and have had to resort to editing a longbow (its one of my favorite bombers) into a one man army ship killer with the Wcpedit program. I am in the process of making my ship killable but strong enough to even take a stand against the opposing force which outnumbers you 1:1,000,000,000 of a shot of taking them all out and still living. I know it sounds cheap but It seems fun to me even though it isn't remotely realistic.

About the "Replay" you are talking about, It doesnt exist ,but its difficult to made too.Wc is in space, not in an Arena or in a Road :)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
About the "Replay" you are talking about, It doesnt exist ,but its difficult to made too.Wc is in space, not in an Arena or in a Road :)

So what? Previous Wing Commanders had implemented somewhat nice looking replays... the lack of replays in prophecy has nothing to do with the fact that it's in space... it's just not that interesting of a feature...

Originally posted by TCSTigersclaw:
About the "Replay" you are talking about, It doesnt exist ,but its difficult to made too.Wc is in space, not in an Arena or in a Road

TC said it was possible

Originally posted by TC
So what? Previous Wing Commanders had implemented somewhat nice looking replays... the lack of replays in prophecy has nothing to do with the fact that it's in space... it's just not that interesting of a feature...

Well if something like what happened in antix post happened it be cool to see in different views and replays!!!

Back