Admiral Or Captain Wilfred

F4U Corsair

Spaceman
Is he a captain or is he an Admiral? For the Border Worlds he was an admiral in command of Major fleet actions, now hes SOMEHOW on the Midway as a captain? And what happened to Panther? I thought those two were a pair, as annoying as she was, if I were Hawk, I would stuck w/ someone that cute :D

Wilford, not Wilfred.

In any case, as any number of related threads (including at least one currently active thread) say, Wilford holds the rank of Captain in Confed. This is the rank he retired with. When the BW hired him, they gave him the rank of Admiral and put him in charge of the fleet. Later, Blair asked him to resume his service in Confed and command the Midway. Wilford is still a BW Admiral - just not in active BW service.

Incidentally, the rank of captain onboard the Midway should not be compared to the rank of captain on other ships. The Midway is a megacarrier - a massive floating naval base. It is almost certainly the most complicated ship anyone could command, and considering the resources the captain of the Midway has at his disposal, it would undoubtedly be preferrable to use someone who has experience commanding a fleet (like Wilford does) than to give the carrier to someone who's only ever commanded an ordinary fleet carrier.

And no, Hawk and Panther were not a pair.

Military orders and squadron assignments are generally not based on who you do and do not find cute.

(All we know about Panther is that she apparently returns to the Confederation at the end of WCIV - she's wearing a brown Confed flight suit in the final scene rather than a gray Border Worlds one.)

Bandit LOAF said:
Military orders and squadron assignments are generally not based on who you do and do not find cute.

Blair always *was* assigned to carriers where he would fly with his friends, though! :D

Actually, when you think about it Blair has only been assigned to carriers where his friends 'happened' to be there twice: the Victory in WC3 and the Lexington in WC4... and both assignments had political motivations behind them (Tolwyn specifically wanted his best pilots to protect the Behemoth and then he wanted to sell Blair on the 'project').

Yeah. And also Blair fighting the BW would lend a lot of credit to the project. That backfired, of course.

Bandit LOAF said:
Actually, when you think about it Blair has only been assigned to carriers where his friends 'happened' to be there twice: the Victory in WC3 and the Lexington in WC4... and both assignments had political motivations behind them (Tolwyn specifically wanted his best pilots to protect the Behemoth and then he wanted to sell Blair on the 'project').

Wouldn't the Concordia also fall into this category?

Angel was stationed there when he was there.

Also what about the bonnie heather? It's not a carrier like the other ships but he did serve on it with Hobbes and Paladin.

Who all was on the Concordia, for I have never played WC2? Now isn't it possible that(assuming that all the surviving Claw pilots that we know of were assigned to the Concordia) after the destruction of the Claw several pilots were coincidentally killed around the same time and all the pilots were stationed as replacements for those lost fighters? Also, correct me if I am mistaken, but wasn't Blair assigned to the Concordia because he saved their hides, and proved that he wasn't a traitor, while he was flying off that one base whose name I can't pronounce let alone spell?

Not all surviving claw pilots went to the concordia. Hunter/Maniac/etc don't serve on her. Hunter is assigned to the Austin and then maybe somewhere else not 100% on that though. Maniac is in command of the wild eagles test squadron.

Blair didn't arbitrarily recieve an assignment to the Concordia - he chose to go there to save his friends himself.

Anxiety said:
Who all was on the Concordia, for I have never played WC2? Now isn't it possible that(assuming that all the surviving Claw pilots that we know of were assigned to the Concordia) after the destruction of the Claw several pilots were coincidentally killed around the same time and all the pilots were stationed as replacements for those lost fighters? Also, correct me if I am mistaken, but wasn't Blair assigned to the Concordia because he saved their hides, and proved that he wasn't a traitor, while he was flying off that one base whose name I can't pronounce let alone spell?

Oh Well it does make sense to me, think about it, you got a brand new carrier on the line, and a whole squadron of Pilots who know eachother, know how to fly together, and work well together, if you were a commander, wouldnt you put them all on the same huge carrier where you need Pilots anyway? Rather then splitting them up in a mass of paper work?

Back