Aces board?

There isn't one right now, as far as I know. We'll be happy to add an Aces Board to the solsector.net forums, if one of the Aces leadery people contacts us to ask for it.

Neo,

Me and Greywolf sent a few emails your way. And I don't think I can PM you cause you don't have enough posts here, so I'll say this here and now. Please take all of our stories down from any and all of your archives.

If we feel like it, we'll release a modified one that doesn't violate PERSEC, but until then, keep your hands off our work (as you have a bad habit for).

There's something being planned right now to replace the old board. Stay tuned, it might be a while.

Hm. No board, AceNet Central hasn't been touched in years, the people in the Club that maintained some semblance of activity seem to have a sense of indifference to it all...

Hate to say it, but it may very well be time to call it quits for the Aces Club.

- NeoDevilbane

It'd take about 40 seconds to add an Aces board here at Crius. Acenet Central is already a solsector member, so it'd pretty much make sense.

Well, there are still a few people involved in writing stories and co-ordinating PBMs and the like. :)

LOAF, what do you think about converting the HTL solsector forum to an Aces forum? It's not had any activity since HTL chapters are posted directly to the main page. To ensure that discussion is impartial, we can either remove me as a mod and leave any moderation to the CIC mods/admin, or have the mods nominated by the Aces.

Best, Raptor

Not to sound like I speak for the club, but I've been chatting initially with a few guys about what to do...

The Aces Board is a small part of what we need to do if we want to inject some life back into the club. Whether or not anyone wants to do anything is another matter entirely...

Anyhow, Raptor, I'll be in touch in a bit about a message to send along with the next mailing list update.

Justin

Personally I am for the Aces board being moved over here if we could. And second quit the bickering it is still getting everyone no where. Hell lets try to all come together and get a new board so we can start bickering at each other on it. Damn ya'll lets be united in one thing so we can our board back so we can go back to bickering back and forth.

Peace,

Echo

To be honest, I think the bickering is a bit of a red herring as to the club's decline. The Aces have *always* had feuds and factions, and I remember some showdowns in the club's heyday that make the current disagreements look pretty tame.

As for the board, I agree, it's only a small part of getting the club back to full strength. I think that at the core, we need to get more people actively involved. I don't mean recruiting new people (though's that certainly a good thing) but rather motivating the silent majority on the mailing list.

Jibbo, I was planning to send the new mailing list out Friday evening NZ time (so about Friday morning in Europe and Thursday evening in the US), so if you could get that info to me before then, that would be great. Also, if anyone has any more suggestions about what to do before the new Aces board is up (other than ones already proposed in this thread), please post them here or email them to me. I'll compile a list and send it to the whole club.

Best, Raptor

Echo said:
Personally I am for the Aces board being moved over here if we could. And second quit the bickering it is still getting everyone no where. Hell lets try to all come together and get a new board so we can start bickering at each other on it. Damn ya'll lets be united in one thing so we can our board back so we can go back to bickering back and forth.

Peace,

Echo

I'll just love to do that, but as you told me before, I'm at the bottom of the food chain. It's going to be hard going uphill on it to join up with you humans.

Raptor said:
To be honest, I think the bickering is a bit of a red herring as to the club's decline. The Aces have *always* had feuds and factions, and I remember some showdowns in the club's heyday that make the current disagreements look pretty tame.

I can vouch for that.. Between game releases people would flare up incredibly. During the long stretch after Secret Ops.. one of the reasons I wanted WC6/POL/etc to be announced so badly was to settle some of the massive infighting going on. Fortunately the community has tamed somewhat and come together (or we triumphed and exiled all those losers who disagreed with us:) ).

ChrisReid said:
I can vouch for that.. Between game releases people would flare up incredibly. During the long stretch after Secret Ops.. one of the reasons I wanted WC6/POL/etc to be announced so badly was to settle some of the massive infighting going on. Fortunately the community has tamed somewhat and come together (or we triumphed and exiled all those losers who disagreed with us:) ).

It's sort of hard to say that with a straight face in a thread started by NeoDevilBane... :)

Cool

Ah, the guardian elitist emerges once more. Tired of this routine. I'm out, and sorry if I suggested something proactive.

- NeoDevilbane

Ah, the guardian elitist emerges once more. Tired of this routine. I'm out, and sorry if I suggested something proactive.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to "emerge". I'll go back to lurking, which is *clearly* what I generally do in threads here. (I mean, come on, it's not like I'm even new to *this* thread - I offered to help you out before you decided to throw a hissy fit about how the Aces aren't around to recognize what a jackass you are. And no, this sentiment isn't remotely 'proactive').

Back