"accent" in Wing Commander

Lorroberty

Spaceman
I have a strange question..but that's because I'm not a good english-speaker.
So, this is the question: is someone in WC speaking some sort of dialect or with a particular accent?
There are a few obvious (Angel, Vaquero) but what about the others? For example is Paladin speaking Scottish?and Tolwyn? are all speaking american or english? and what about the american-speaking ones, have they an accent of an american state?

thank you!

Specifically, Tolwyn speaks uppercrust English. As do Captain Sansky, Admiral Wilson and Commodore Bellegarede (WC Movie). I'm sure some of our British members would be better able to distinguish.

Hunter has a strong Australian accent, and since Doomsday is a Maori, it's fair to assume he'd talk like Jango Fett. I don't believe there's any other distinct accents.

Yes... but this thread is about what kind of accents people have, not about where they fictionally grew up.

TheFraix said:
Belgians do speak French.

And wouldn't Blair grew up in Nephele?

Well look at Babylon 5, Marcus didn't grow up in England, but had an English Accent. It's not too weird to assume that Nephele was colonised
by Americans

The accents of your wingmen in Prophecy are interesting to me.

"Hey, bugboy . . . catch!"

There are people in my town/area that have that exact accent.

Most of the actors in the WC FMV's have the American "neutral" accent, unless their character calls for something else.

I myself used to have a hiddeously thick 'redneck' accent, because of the rural area that I live in, but I learned to annunciate more clearly and eliminate that horrid drawl . . . Now I too do my best to have the 'neutral' accent.

I wonder why the Kilrathi speak English with a Kilrathi accent instead of speaking Kilrathi with subtitles. Kinda like the old WW 2 movies with Germans speaking English with a German accent. :D

Ripper said:
I wonder why the Kilrathi speak English with a Kilrathi accent instead of speaking Kilrathi with subtitles. Kinda like the old WW 2 movies with Germans speaking English with a German accent. :D

Because of all the probes we sent out with massive librarys of information, including English? Or maybe they wanted to learn english, because it's better if your insults acutally piss off the human you're insulting, rather that leave him uneffected, if not slightly confused.

Then there's always the Star TrekTM universal translator excuse that majically lip syncs and everything... :p

I would think that the Kilrathi learned something from those colonists on Fawcett's World, along with all the Bugs Bunny cartoons they watched.

Back