Above and Beyond

Bigt028

Rear Admiral
ok, i talked about this before, however i just saw the last two episodes from the DVD collection and was blown away!
i had to rewatch the last episode twice, i really threw me for a loop.
so does anyone know if there was a script for a second season opener..
a crazy way to end the season and series...

The series end with the main theme being resolved(The guy rescues the girl from the evil Aliens), but leaves an exciting open ending(Most of the guys are dead, adrift or possibly just missing) They closed the main storyline so you could kill off the characters(I wonder if this was intended)

Funny is that the only thing in wich the series shows it's age is the untextured capships.

i guess you are correct, the show started with "Nathan" being torn from his grilfriend and in the end, she was rescued.
the scene with the aliens stating that they are "us" and cam from earth was interesting.
i think they knew the show was canceled and ended it that way.

A lot of time shows like this end up finding out before they'v finished filming season one that they're going to air the whole season but not be renewed. The writers usually haven't written the whole season before it airs so what happens is that the write the last remaining episodes in a fashion that ties things up to the degree possible. I don't know if that's the case here but it's certainly possible.

it is possible that the writers did that, still an interesting way to look at the show, almost makes one want to go back and rewatch the episodes knowing the true meaning of the aliens

Back