about this forum

KatKiller

Spaceman
Is there any way I can read threads the normal (as in not inverted) way? What I mean is the first post on top and follow ups going downwards. The inverted way just seems a little weird.

It took me a while to get used to, but I love this inverted style now. Keeps thing easy after you've read a thread.

Although it sucks when you come across threads with 45 pages of post. . .

Yeah but when you come across a thread with that many posts the topic has always drifted and only the last two or so pages are relevant to any conversation you could join. You only need read those two pages to get involved.

The thing is that when you read a long post, you have to scroll down, then up again for the next post. I like to just go into one direction for the whole thread.

Yeah, on other sites, I always scroll down to the bottom, and are very confused when I don't find the first post there :).

A petition that would go nowhere. :) THe inverted style is good for the CZ, but it does get confusing when you have severqal 'boards to read.

A petition would be useless, Mav... there's no way we could persuade all those other sites to reverse their post order :).

[Edited by Quarto on 06-26-2001 at 04:42]

Originally posted by KatKiller
Is there any way I can read threads the normal (as in not inverted) way? What I mean is the first post on top and follow ups going downwards. The inverted way just seems a little weird.

As with all things you will get used to it. It'd be nice if they'd put more posts on each page though...

What is it with Wing Commander fans and petitioning things <G>? I mean, it's worked, what, once:)? And that wasn't even a real petition!

[To the same Beatles tune]

All you eat is brunch! All you like is Lunch!

Originally posted by Penguin
It'd be nice if they'd put more posts on each page though...
No way. There used to be about twice as many posts on one page, and it was really boring waiting for the end of the page to load for those of us who aren't fortunate to have cable.

And as long as you check in at least once every two days, new posts rarely go beyond a few threads on the second page.

I meant on a single page of posts, not threads.

But after being away for almost a week, there's about three pages of threads. That's over 60 threads. Wow.

Of course, no one said I had to go through them all... :)

Back