A Writer Is Chosen!

Kenshi

Spaceman
Well, all of the submissions are in and we've decided on a writer!

Before we let you know who the lucky joker is, I'd like to take this moment to tell everyone who submitted a proposal that ALL of them were fantastic. We had a hell of a time deciding who's idea was actually the best. It finally came down to 3 proposals (2 of which we recieved TODAY!). They had everything we were looking for. At one point, we almost came to blows with wiffle ball bats. Luckily, cooler heads prevailed.

We will be keeping all of the submissions on file. We're hoping to allow everyone who's willing to have a shot at writing for the comic eventually.

So, without further ado, the writer for our first story arc is... Maj. Striker!

In the days to come, we'll be working together and you'll start seeing some SERIOUS artwork.

On a side note, Bandit LOAF had an Awsome idea that we would like to see made into a mini-series. We'd like to do it eventually but it may be a while. If there are any other artists who'd like to take it on, contact him and maybe we can even assist with inks, colors, lettering, ect.

Yay, that's great. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished comic!

I'd certainly be happy to work on my story with anyone who'd be willing to develop it as something other than a fanfic outline (G) If there's any interest, let me know and I'll work on fleshing it out into a script...

Don't forget "Rock" man. =)

Hehe, J/K.

This is great news! It's not a new WC game or novel but with great artists and a great storyline this will be a great addition to the Wing Commander (unofficial?) Universe. Good luck! Anything you fellas need help with I'll be glad to if I can.

This is great news! It's not a new WC game or novel but with great artists and a great storyline this will be a great addition to the Wing Commander (unofficial?) Universe. [/QUOTE said:
I couldn't agree more! I gladly help too if you need any.

I am a little curious on LOAF:s idea. If I have got it right it was something about writing a story during the Strike Team era, am I correct?

Mvh!
T-rex

I am a little curious on LOAF:s idea. If I have got it right it was something about writing a story during the Strike Team era, am I correct?

Nope, though that's certainly something I'd like to see. The outline I submitted took place around the time of the original Wing Commander game...

Bandit LOAF said:
Nope, though that's certainly something I'd like to see. The outline I submitted took place around the time of the original Wing Commander game...

Ok, my mistake :)

We wouldn't be able to post all of them.

Besides the fact that we receive a TON of submissions, we hope to have some of the other writers working on the comic in the future. We all have busy schedules and lives that interfere with these types of projects. If Maj. Striker has to take a hiatus for one reason or another, we'd like to have some of the other people who submitted proposals to take up the writing chores and incorporate their ideas into what is already established.

Undoubtedly there were some excellent submissions and it would be nice for others to read them online but like Kenshi has stated, there are a lot of good plot submissions and we want to hold onto those and keep them on file. I can tell you this, I plan on releasing a novel (or portions thereof) at the same time as the comic to help supplement the story. We'll try to keep you all in the loop as much as we can. Maybe we can put up a few character bios here and there, I'll have to talk with Kenshi about that first though.

I'll be working on character design for the next few days. By this weekend we should have some posted artwork and maybe a bio or three. We don't want to give up anything about the storyline yet but I will say this: It will take place in the WC1 era.

Just for the sake of stretching my writing skills again, I'm sitting down and taking notes for the story I submitted - simply because I need to write again.

I'm curious - how are you going to release this? Page by page or issue by issue?

The idea is to release the comic on an issue by issue basis. That doesn't mean long waits before you get content, though. We'll also be offering Wallpapers, Original sketches, sneak previews; not to mention the supplemental fiction Maj. Striker will be writing to accompany the story of the comic.

Besides, the average fan project around here takes an average of 2.5 years to complete (IF it ever gets completed). We'll be offering a new issue about every month with minor content in between. I'd say that's a lot faster than 2.5 years... ;)

Yes it will be a webcomic. As soon as we get into full production, we'll have a site for it as well.

Back