A-Wing to Arrow

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Note: Breath easy, this isn't a spacebattles thread. :p

I have recently come into posession of a bunch of the WC action figures. The one of Angel isn't in a box, after reading that the rapier didn't get released, I decided to try something... unorthodoxed:

I found an old A-Wing toy in my storage space, and am converting it to an Arrow fighter.

Accomplished so far:

Front has been sanded into a point.

Side guns have been removed and glued into a compartment I made from clay that I'll install under the nose.

The Tail fins have been removed.

Any recommendations or ideas on how to paint it or make it look more authentic??

I'm not sure how to turn an A-Wing into an Arrow, but I do have some pictures of the X-Toys prototypes: https://www.wcnews.com/articles/art27.shtml

... that thought-about, has anyone ever tried to make a Rapier out of an Electric Lightning model kit?

The chasis are very similar, thus I've been trying to get it right... it won't be perfect, but pretty close.

I've actually tried that, I have the hull made up nicely... but I'm not sure what to use for parts. I've already canabalized three kits to make the rapier, but I gave up when I tried to make the tail. Also, I didn't use the Electric lightning. I used a model of an F4F... I thought it looked somewhat closer. I had to mod some parts to make it look right, but it did come out well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I didn't use the Electric lightning. I used a model of an F4F... I thought it looked somewhat closer.

I don't think you can get closer to the Rapier than an Electric Lightning. :)

... that thought-about, has anyone ever tried to make a Rapier out of an Electric Lightning model kit?

I've got a Lighning Hull put together, in 1\72 scale, but I didn't want to cut the rear section until I was better at kit bashing, this was about two years ago. As I'm finishing up my Raven bash maybe I'll finish it off, I still have the canopy and most of the parts trees. The only problems I've run into enough sprue parts to build the cannon and some engine issues.

Back