A Wing Commander Mod for Nexus the Jupiter Incident

Chevieblazer

Spaceman
i've long been considereing doing a wing commander mod, but then i first didn't know enough about modding and when i did, i just didn't have the time for yet another project.

i want to do a total conversion for nexus based mainly around wing commander 1 and 2, featuring ships like the tiger's claw, exeter class destroyer, ralari, fralthi etc.
nexus is a real time tactical space game, a bit like blitzkrieg in space, but with some of the most beatiful graphics out there.
a sore point in the whole thing is that nexus concentrates mainly on cap ship actions, and all fighter squadrons are attached to their motherships, but then ,the same was true for conquest:frontier wars and it had a WC mod.

right now, i am in need of just about everything, including modelers, skinners(knowlege of rendering textures would be nice), scripters, web presentation experts and hosting space.

as this here is the primary meetiong point for all those who haven't totally forgoten wing commander yet(and who still thing of wc3 as wing commander 3 ;) )
i start posting this recruitment heads up here.

if you're interested in creating a next generation tactical wing commander mod, please pm or mail me

Just a helpful pointer: If you get some work done first and post some screenshots of your progress, it'll be a lot easier to attract people to your project.

I can't help at the moment since I am allready involved into another mod and my reallife keeps me bussy but I have just finished Nexus and I would like to see a WC Mod for it.
Have you any knowledge about how to mod Nexus? What polylimits, what textures are needed, what programs to convert things and so on.
Also do you intend to do any campains and if you want to do you allready know what it should be about.

ok, the basic modding specs are:

4-5000 polygons for capships

~1000 or less for fighters.

as for programs, nexus supports only lightwave, but models can be made in max also and exported.

as for doing some models, Striker, you seem to do a lot of wc1 and 2 models, where do you get your references? or would you allow me to use your ships as references?

Don't know where Striker got his from but I would use the WC1 book. It includes all you need to model the ships...at least WC1.
I started a Ralari yesterday because of examinations stress...when I ever finish it you could possible have it...not sure yet.
Most likly I will just give it to WC 3D so everyone can have it.

WC3D -> Wing Commander 3D has its forum here and their webpage can be found here http://wcmdf.solsector.net/
The page hosts free WC models from different persons and I also think some directly ripped from the games.

As said if I ever finish the model and don't use it for myself or WC Saga I will release it on their page so everyone who likes it can have it.

First Ship!

Ok, folks here is the first ship of the mod(not much, mind you) the Hornet recon fighter!
currently at 568 polies

Attachments

• Hornet1.jpg
    Hornet1.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 675
  • Hornet2.jpg
    Hornet2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 489
Back