A Wing Commander Comic

so far I've been using Ulead Photoimpact 8 for basic formatting, and I do have a tablet, but I have always enjoyed pen and paper drawing, and that is what these have been.. I might try producing them totally on the computer at some future time, but while I still enjoy doing it the old fashion way, I wouldn't count on it.

for coloring I generally use a tablet. But I really don't have any plans to color these at the present time.

Could the "Pilot Recovery Vehicle" be derived from the Wing Commander Academy Ambulance?
wcatv-ambulance.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, no problem. Its been pretty great so far.. I'm working up page 8, but its a doozie since I need to introduce some characters

and yeah, I might've used that for influence. I dunno though, really, I just needed a pilot recovery vehicle :p

Academy also uses a Longbow for recovery.

There's a nice little shuttle in Super Wing Commander... which is shared by Bioforge!

I too think that Black and White are great, because of the Claw Mark's style.

One question though: The Kilrathi says "I am Kal Shintahr Nar Nijhak". Kal Shintahr is a rank and nar normally an honorific, showing from where the Kilrathi is. Do you treat it that way? Or is "Nar" the given name in your comic?

Again: great, beautiful, cool!

that was the way I saw planning on treating it. Instead of giving him a proper name.. I'll give him an "Ace" Name

In this case, I think that the "nar" is meant to mark him as being of noble lineage, such as calling somebody "Lt. Col. Lord Byron" or something.

No lie, when I first saw your work on the CIC page I thought they were pictures from the Claw Marks manual. Then I looked closer. Excellent work!

In this case, I think that the "nar" is meant to mark him as being of noble lineage, such as calling somebody "Lt. Col. Lord Byron" or something.

no...I recall in Freedom Flight that Kirha's name was: Kirha hrai Hunter nar Aussie.

hrai is the family name or the family he serves; the nar is what planet/place the person or liege lord was from

Kirha is something of an anomaly - most Kilrathi we see don't say the 'hrai {Something}' part of their name. The word after the hrai is the immediate person you're oathsworn to -- similar to your family name. The word following nar is the clan... they aren't quite locations, though -- they're more like nations.

There are also a few other honorifics -- things like 'dai' and 'ko', which have not been defined.

If I were a Kilrathi, I might be Benjamin hrai Lesnick nar United States of America (but in common speech I would just be called Benjamin nar United States of America).

At the very least, the 'nar' in the comic shouldn't be capitalized.

sorry about the delay folks..

life happened and I started job searching.. we'll be resuming production soon!

Great work NinjaLa. I think that your fonts and artistic style fit the WC universe well. I do hope that your keep them coming when you can, as I have enjoyed what has been shown so far. Keep it up.

that wasn't a font.. I gave up on computer entirely and just decided to write it by hand :p

and yes.. this is a different story.

Back