A Very simple question

i'm new to wing commander, a friend of mine gave me most of his wing commander games and i started playing them....great game but he didn't have any of the game books that go with them, so can someone just tell me how you use afterburner i think i've figured out most of the controls except that one currently i am playing WC4 in case there are control differences between games

It´s always the same, press TAB and hold for AB
And go here for more keys.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never bothered with this before, as I was fine with the controls to begin with, but could you map out the functions if you wanted?

It´s always the same, press TAB and hold for AB

Unless you are using mouse control in WC3. If you're using a mouse then you have to click then hold down the right mouse button, which means you can't change direction at the same time:mad:
But apart from WC3 (mouse mode) it is always TAB

Originally posted by jammyo2k

Unless you are using mouse control in WC3. If you're using a mouse then you have to click then hold down the right mouse button, which means you can't change direction at the same time:mad:
But apart from WC3 (mouse mode) it is always TAB

The worst thing about this is if you use a joystick, a double click on the 2nd action button gives you afterburners but again, as stated before, no movement. I played through WC3 my first time thinking that I could't change directions in afterburner (which always upset me because every other WC game allowed you to :) ). My bad :D

C-ya

thanks guys heh i figured it out about 5 minutes after posting this thread i can't get the game to recognize my joystick so i was playing it with the mouse and for me there is probably more than one way but the only button that worked for me was using alt+ well you know that snake looking symbol before 1 i'm not sure what you call it, anyway i just beat wing commander IV definitely addictive, i just wish they made star wars games more like this or at least with decent movie scenarios and a good storyline--now on to try to figure out prophecy

General Daemon...your stuck forever now, if you say that WCIV is addictive...you won't be able to leave you'll never want to stop playing....welcome to our family!

Back