A thought

Iceblade

Admiral
I was just going through the fiction viewer and got an idea. Why not make a mod of a mod?

I and any volunteers I can get will just take what the UE team has already done and make the pirate campaign (Operation: Clean Sweep) that came before UE.

I am, of course, not asking any help from the UE team in way of the detailed story writing or mission programming--you guys don't have the time.

I will do most of the story writing myself--which I will let Quarto, Pedro, or Eder look at before completion--with some programming assistance by anyone willing--which will also be beta-tested by the UE team.

The primary purpose of this is to add something more for UE fans to play while they wait for Standoff and UE2.

Well, how about it guys? :D ;)

Well, I'm not much of a part of the UE team, but I can tell you that it won't work. :p There's no such thing as a SO mod coming out before Standoff does, because everyone and their mother are too busy working on it to even debug or beta test anything.

Well, it shouldn't take too much longer than UE to complete. No debuging will be done by the Standoff or UE team. Plus, it will be several months before I can devote large sums of time to this project. I can plan and write fiction, but otherwise it will be middle of May before I can devote any time to coding.

But I have seen several people who are starting in Pascal and getting far with it.

So, Quarto. What is your response?

--Although in two weeks I will have some free time.--

Hmm, I really don't want to discourage you - the more people we've got modding SO, the better. Eder is right, though - we wouldn't be able to help you with beta testing. So the project would definitely take longer than you might think, though it's definitely possible. Just keep in mind, Clean Sweep involved a lot of flying, but not that much fighting - only 18 enemy fighters were shot down, after all. So, it would be a very different kind of campaign than UE was :p.

Edit: of course, such a campaign might actually be pretty interesting precisely because of the low casualty count, as it would mean that you'd have to do missions very different to anything else done in WC. Also, keep in mind that if you want to work with UE stuff, I would probably want a fair amount of control over what you do - I'm a big fan of continuity ;).

If it is only for testing I am all yours (and if you can endure that I'll rip half your missions apart as I did with UE ;) ). I don't really know enough about WCPas however to be too much help there.

PS: That offer of course also goes to the Standoff team. Just call if you need me and I'll try to find each and every litte bug you haven't ever thought of again <g>

Back