A teaser if sorts

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
A teaser of sorts

Maybe you can figure out where this is from:D ... Anyway hopefully the site managers will check their email before updating tommorow.. Enjoy

wc0116.jpg

Hmm... I was just about to say that he saw me say that in #wingnut... except he entered exactly two minutes after I said it... dash...

DId you see the picture (the broadside from WC movie)? There are others for example of a rapier... and they are easier to distinguish than this one! Notice the animatic variations on the side and the finished version in the middle.

As far as I know, most people here hadn't seen these or at last the site where they are and so I was hoping that it could be reported soon in the wcnews... and in the meantime you could figur it out if you liked (which really isn't that hard. Especialy since this board requires a url to post pictures... to bad the attachment feature wasnt activated)

Anyway go to eric's site and click on work, than work again. Then click on the picture under "wing commander feature film", whch should bring up a link that says "show stills"
Then its as simple as clicling on that link to bring up the thumbnails. There are about 94 Wing Commander effects pictures, about 25 per page. And a number of the ones on the first page show on the sides like this one, animatic variations and others show the different composited elements all separate, like lighting etc.

(no i cant edit the previous post anymore)
Anyway heres another one that I think is a more effective picture... I purposfully chose the other one for it's vagueness. So if you are too lazy to look them up heres another for you...
wc0119.jpg

I thought these might be interesting to you guys, especialy if you like "behind the scenes" kind of stuff or are making your own 3d models.

AD

You really should mirror images when you put them in your posts, or simply link to them. There's always someone paying the bill, you know.

Sorry... Thought that was basically what the "img" button did because it asked for url. Next time.:)

Yeah those are compositing layers. I'll be doing similar things with my Raiders WC movie.

Basically you have multiple layers that all mix together. The big one is the final, and the six around it are the various layers, like background only, lighting only, fighter with lighting only, smoke, special effects, and shadows. That's not forgetting that there are also alpha channel layers to go with each of the six shots for compositing purposes.

:)

Originally posted by KrisV
You really should mirror images when you put them in your posts, or simply link to them. There's always someone paying the bill, you know.
Uhm... if that's a big problem, can't you just edit AD's post so that only the link to the image is shown? :)

Why should he have to fix someone else's mistake? Would you rather go around editing countless moron's posts or would you rather they didn't make the mistakes in the first place?

And, AD, by "mirror," he meant that you should save the image to your own server and post it that way.

that would be good and all...

if I had my own server!:confused:

P.S. Are you interested in more links then... or are you apt enought to find the rest on your own?:)

Back