A question & then a proposal:

I'm pretty sure you couldn't. Black holes don't just put out a gravitational field the size of a city, or even a state, if you get my drift.... and they're kind've hard to see coming. (D'oh!)

I'm pretty sure you couldn't. Black holes don't just put out a gravitational field the size of a city, or even a state, if you get my drift.... and they're kind've hard to see coming. (D'oh!)

Actually scientists have been making singularities in labs for some time without causing the end of the world. Of course, those singularities don't last very long. There was a really nifty experiment where they created a singularity powerful enough to suck in sound. I'll have to find a link.

My newly trained TivoHD suddenly decided I needed to see various incredibly cheap Sci Fi original movies, and no amount of thumbs-downing is stopping them from being recorded. There's one about cybernetic rottweilers in my suggestion folder right now :(

You have to remember that at the end of the day, my post still indicates between the lines that I took the time to watch it...

So that should tell you something! :D

My newly trained TivoHD suddenly decided I needed to see various incredibly cheap Sci Fi original movies, and no amount of thumbs-downing is stopping them from being recorded. There's one about cybernetic rottweilers in my suggestion folder right now :(

But that's just the suggestions list - I didn't think TIVO would record things on your suggestions list.

There is an option to turn off suggestions though, I know because I've done it on the TIVO's in our house, much to my fathers disappointment, as he likes it to recommend him new home improvement shoes.

Tivo has a long suggestions list and also automagically records some things it thinks you'll enjoy... I'm sure you can turn it off, but half the fun is teaching it to think like you do.

This one is still young, though, and it has some odd ideas about me. For a day or so it was sure I had diabetes... and then just the other day it found me an hour of HD video of seals sitting on rocks without any narration. Why does that even exist?

...I'm sure you can turn it off, but half the fun is teaching it to think like you do.

Every great "Machines try to destroy the Earth" movie started of this way, you know.

And must be solved by detonating a nuclear bomb so the EMP will destroy the robots minds.

If the machines are trying to make us stupider as move one, they certainly picked the wrong country to start out in. We're already there.

What little I've seen of the new series is good- I have the original movie, and it wasn't too bad, either, although nothing like the new stuff. I also saw one or two eps of the original series- holy crap, recycled footage much? Any laser shooting scene is bound to go *miss miss miss miss BANG* so far as I saw... but it _might_ go in a different direction this time!

If only I had the money for some DVDs of the new stuff...

Back