A New Wing Commander game?

Navaroth

Spaceman
Could anybody tell me if origin/ea is busy making a new Wing Commander episode? I'm just getting crazy, it's so damn long ago since there was a new Wing Commander game!!!!

god! Don't they get that million of fans are waiting for a new game? Wing Commander cannot be holded!
Damn...... i wish they stopped with ultima online.....

Navaroth said:
god! Don't they get that million of fans are waiting for a new game?
I seriously doubt that WC has even a milion of fans.
Wing Commander cannot be holded!
It can if they can get money somewhere else.

Damn...... i wish they stopped with ultima online.....
UO is great.... They shouldn't make only UO's, but I'll gladly play the second and maybe even the third UO's.
Zebum says: If there is a new wing commander game then blair should come back
Now that would just be bad.

Hamill will be so old when the next wc game comes out...
smile.gif

Well there are millions of Dallas Cowboys fans*shudders*but I doubt any middle class fan with some sense would stick by them if they left for a few years, at least WC has not some, but many.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be tempted to laugh if the next UO game failed. I've heard of some free online games that are fantasy/roleplaying, which are gaining popularity. I think one of them is called Utopia something...

Death's Head said:
I'd be tempted to laugh if the next UO game failed. I've heard of some free online games that are fantasy/roleplaying, which are gaining popularity. I think one of them is called Utopia something...
Well, it probably won't. Though I'd expect that UO3 won't do so well and maybe EA will finaly realise that they can't make UO's forver.

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited May 03, 2000).]

They're pretty much screwing up UO2 now... all the neatest features won't make it into the initial release.

Twister said:
well, they CAN, just as they can/must make wc games forever...
They can as long as it have fans and makes money...just dont understand that if they make so much money, why the hell they drop wc games??

------------------
Only a complete fool is absolutely sure about what he says
Are you absolutely sure about this?
Yes, i am...i mean...do'h

do'h, sorry didnt realized the post was already sent since my connection was down...
just ignore this post.
sorry

[This message has been edited by KillerWave (edited May 04, 2000).]

Anyone else notice the decline of PC games? Remember, WAY back in the glory days of WC2: SO where it ROCKED because you were in a *war* and not just some cockamany game? And remember when Lucasarts came out with something in the early 90s, it MEANT something? Now EA and Lucasarts have been producing crap ontop of crap and I, for one, have been getting sick of it, esp. as of recent (considering what they could do with a proper SW: Episode 1 game...but now we have to wait for DF3: Obi-Wan)...

Personally, in a way, it's better to kill off WC now, nipping it in the bud as it were, before it became as painful as Star Trek: Voyager.

And let's NOT go there...

------------------
"The Way of the Samurai is in desperateness.
Ten men or more cannot kill such a man.
Common sense will not accomplish great things.
Simply become insane and desperate."
-Yamamoto Tsunetomo, "Hagakure"

Not so much fans? Now that's something! WC is a game which is not so known with people.. but we can make it.. See me... only fan for 2 years because a friend showed me Prophecy... and I'm now a vet.. have played WC 2,3,4,5,and Secret Ops...all because of a friend.. in the past year two other friends of my have 'discovered' WC
biggrin.gif

And Money!?? Don't they make profit out of selling? And then, if a new game will be a flop? I doubt..
WC isn't invented for being a flop...It has enough fans who will buy it!

And it's true that some other online games are better and more fun to play... Better than Ultima Online....

So why don't they make a new WC (7?)Might be that they don't know a new (good) story?
*after prophecy they can better call Chris Robberts; my opion*
smile.gif

*(sorry if my English is not correct, I'm from Holland)*

-----------------
sometimes crazy, sometimes weird... that's Navaroth

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunate as it is Wing Commander won't come back to life, perhaps origin and the roberts brothers got into a huge fight and now Origin resents wing commander

Eh... never mind.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited May 12, 2000).]

Pedro said:
Unfortunate as it is Wing Commander won't come back to life, perhaps origin and the roberts brothers got into a huge fight and now Origin resents wing commander

Now new WC? we'll see...
And about that fight... probably because WC 4 was to expensive.. But still .. if they make a new WC Origin can better make a good story

Back