A new mission for the lone crusader.

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
There is a company called Hot Wings that makes toy airplanes. The company is still kind of small, I haven't been able to find their products outside of the gift shop at my local Air Force museum, but you can buy everything they make off of their website. I can't remeber the web address of hand but you can contact the owners through the site.
I had a couple questions and a rather cool idea so I thought I'd give it a try. I asked my questions and then suggested that they look into producing a line of Wing Commander ships, with Origin's blessing of course. They replied that they would look into the possibility.
I didn't send this to the news portion of the CIC because I'm still waiting for more confirmation on the matter, and I wanted to push the idea on Origin as well.
So what do you guys think? Think I should continue on this little crusade.

Well, it would be neat if there were models of every ship in the WC universe. Im suprised there wasnt. I have every single ship model from SW and ST. Plus tons of car models. I think WC ship models would be a neat idea, maybe even sort of help bring back WC and convince EA/OSI that there is still a very large market and interest for a new WC game.

RFB

Oh yes, oh yes, please continue! WC ship models would be so cool! :cool:
(Of course, it could be problematic for me to get them here in Germany)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-10-2001 at 18:57]

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Oh yes, oh yes, please continue! WC ship models would be so cool! :cool:
(Of course, it could be problematic for me to get them here in Germany)

[Edited by Mekt-Hakkikt on 04-10-2001 at 18:57]
At least it would be possible to make an Epee against Broadsword fight then :)

Hey, I'm all for it. I wouldn't have to make any Intrepids out of LEGOs anymore.

I wouldn't mind making a scale model of a WC carrier out of legos. How many pieces do you think the Tiger's Claw would be? Or the Midway, for that matter. I'd probably have to build it in an empty garage or something (or a large warehouse). Not that I have the pieces, of course.

To scale for lego figures, I should say. I've made a couple fighters myself, although they're not modeled after any specific ship (better than what lego makes on its own, though, if I do say so myself). I've always wanted to make bigger ships, though, but never had the pieces. And do not mock me for liking legos. It is the thinking man's hobby.

Actually, my models aren't that big...or should I say, WERN'T that big, since I scrapped most of them for parts, sombody know why, (but he's not telling). About seven-eight inches long, very simple (and not to scale, as my Intrepid was the same size as my Vesuvius...) I'm thinking of making a few models out of paper and carboard or something.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
Hey, I'm all for it. I wouldn't have to make any Intrepids out of LEGOs anymore.

Hey! First summer after I get WC3 in my hands I builded Victory from LEGOs. Allthough it was multi colored, it was huge (about 1½ meters). I think it looked "real". Too bad I gave my LEGOs away :( .

Thunderbolt and Excalibur would be top of my wish-list, though the Intrepid and Vesuvius would be close behind.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor

Thunderbolt and Excalibur would be top of my wish-list, though the Intrepid and Vesuvius would be close behind.

I'd think you'd want a Vindicator one...

Ships, both fighters and cap ships, from WC3/4 would probabably be the easiest to build because of the largely geometric shapes of their designs. WC1/2 were sprites and Prophecy was an advanced engine so they could do more with their ship models.

Multi coloured Victory? You should've repainted it!

As for Lego, I love it! I concentrated on the Pirate and Medievel sets. :D

Ahh those were the days!

Back