A new game idea

Stunner

Rear Admiral
First off I know some will think my ideas are crazy but others will love 'um. So the game would be called "Wingcommander Birth of Darkeness" (Ok name sucks give me a new one??) And for the main ship it is my COPYRIGHTED sci-fi converted behemoth!!! {Yeah you heard me} (for more info on anything in here just email me at EDH316@neo.rr.com) or reply to this board.

You have to have an idea for anyone to reply to it
smile.gif

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

http://www.ntr.net/~vondoom

Last edited by a moderator:
--To vondoom- I do but if no one likes my ship then there is no sense continuing but in my next reply i will put my ENTIRE idea for the game on here.

--To Pedro- My mic is acting up and i'm going to best buy tomarrow to pick up something i reserved so i'll pic up a new one and send it to you asap.(No I havent forgotten)

What ship???? post a link to it or something. Just saying you have a ship doesn't mean anything, no offense. Post a link or tell me how to see or get a description of it and I will gladly look at it.

------------------
There is no God but myself. No destiny but what I deem for me. I walk my path and no others, for I am free.

Umm... but he can't copyright someone's ship, even if he redesigns it. I couldn't modify an X-wing design and call it mine.

------------------

Ok everyone look it's only coyrighted for the purpose that in a sci-fi forum someone tried to take it from me when i first designed it so tecnically it's not copyrighted.(Sheez if I knew this much would come of it then I would have just not posted) To whoever asked There are no pics or models cause the people I asked to do it have disappeared. But A description I can do--A regenerative shadow bio-armor, nephilem(or whaever) plasma crystal all aroung the barrel, photon, quantum, tricolbalt, temblor bomb launcher, phaser strip, shadow cutting beams out the shadow spikes, the main cannon, warp, transwarp, slipstream, jump, phase jump, stargate cappable with regenerative multiphasic and temperal shields, and a death blooum mode and no recharge at all for the thing. Oh and the command tower is much larger to accomidate a full size crew and jem'hadar army as well as two wings of dragons, avengers, vampires, devastators and 2 delta flyers. The link to the previous version is no longer valid{{Seehttp://63.218.225.34/forums/showthread.php?postid=231405#post231405}}

Hmmmmm. Excuse me but exactly who in their right mind is going to get in the ring with this monster of a ship?
confused.gif
wink2.gif

Stunner said:
A regenerative shadow bio-armor,
No such thing in WC.
smile.gif
nephilem(or whaever) plasma crystal all aroung the barrel,
How many of the Fleet Plasma cannons do you actually plan to put on that thing?
photon, quantum, tricolbalt, temblor bomb launcher, phaser strip,
This is WC, not ST. And as for the T-bomb. It's a weapon designed to knock down planets that are VERY tectonicly unstable. How could you even have a capship fire that thing from orbit is beyond me.

shadow cutting beams out the shadow spikes, the main cannon, warp, transwarp, slipstream, jump, phase jump, stargate cappable with regenerative multiphasic and temperal shields, and a death blooum mode and no recharge at all for the thing.
You're trying to mix all known Sci Fi universes aren't you? Stargate? Come on.

Oh and the command tower is much larger to accomidate a full size crew and jem'hadar army as well as two wings of dragons, avengers, vampires, devastators and 2 delta flyers.
Mwuahahahahahahahah!
smile.gif
smile.gif

Not meaning to be offensive Stunner, but did you simply tack on every WC weapon you ever made as well as several other scifi techs into one monster ship? Superweapons are the worst staple of sci-fi and are totally overdone. Who would build such a thing and why? And why is it apparently cobbled together from WC, ST, B5, and even (and this is funny) The Last Starfighter. Taking basic ideas of technology is one thing but outright ripping of names of tech and races is pushing it. Try starting smaller and working upwards on design.

------------------

I am sorry but after reading that description, here is the only word that comes to mine. munchie. well, there are a couple other words but I won't use them because they might offend some people.. ;-)

Anyway, I hope you were sincerly joking about that ship design.

See this is what happens when you give a chimpanzee a pen, paper and all the sci fi books they can read.. =-)

Seriously though, if you plan on combining all technology from ALL sci Fi, then atleast try and make it look believable.. oh wait.. I am sorry, if you combine all tech from all sci-fi, you get the same thing when you have a bowel movement.. crap...

------------------
In the darkness of night, One single creature lights up the sky.
Founder of Lancer Games
Captain of the TCS-Nemesis

[This message has been edited by WildFire (edited October 15, 2000).]

Actually, don't dismiss it that quickly. It sounds like the perfect ship for a great sci-fi parody. It would be the prototype of a trans-sci-fi-universe (TSFU) warship.

The TSFU warship would be the pinnacle of warship design. Whereas all other warships must remain in their own universes, where the phyisics are redefined so there own stupid weapons, FTL propulsion, you name it, work, the TSFU can go anywhere and kick ass. The TSFU warship uses its patented TSFU cannon, which rips a vessel, base, planet, or whatever you so desire, out of its natural universe and propels it to another sci-fi universe in which its physics bending devices are useless. The TSFU then procedes to that universe, using, you guessed it, it's TSFU drive. After arriving, the TSFU warship simply whups on its helpless prey using the unbelievable superweapon of the native sci-fi universe.

Of course, the TSFU warship would be helplessly outgunned if it was to fight a super ship in its native universe, since the vast majority of its weapons, superweapons from other universes, would be useless. However, with some kind of TSFU shielding, which could shield the TSFU warship from the constraints of the regional laws of physics, it could use it weapons anywhere. However, these shields could also have a great defensive advantage. If you could remodulate them so that instead of creating a protective barrier where all physics is ignored, you could instead create a barrier where the actual laws of physics applied, you would be protected from all sci-fi weapons. However, as we all know, by second law of sci-fi physics, when physics and anti-physics collide, all life ceases to exist if everyone doesn't watch the Last StarFighter for five minutes without making any snide comments. In other words, we'd all be doomed.

[This message has been edited by Wolf Dog (edited October 15, 2000).]

yeah it is a good idea for a parody, but it is also very funny.. if soemonw wrote that, I would read it!

------------------
In the darkness of night, One single creature lights up the sky.
Founder of Lancer Games
Captain of the TCS-Nemesis

Yeah... I meant what does LMAO stand for?

And does anyone else find the 90-second flood-control too long? I can't stand it, I'm reading that white lettering twice as much as I did when it was just 60-seconds.

Wedge009 said:
Yeah... I meant what does LMAO stand for?

Laughing My Ass Off.
I'm ROFLMAO cause you didn't know that
smile.gif

And does anyone else find the 90-second flood-control too long? I can't stand it, I'm reading that white lettering twice as much as I did when it was just 60-seconds.

Because it is too long? One hour 30 minutes is kinda long for flood control.

------------------
Meson

come see the new Meson's Starport! Now at http://www.mesonstarport.com
Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Fine forget I said anything if all i'm gonna get is critized but i cann see where you all are coming from so dont get me wrong

this games osunds incredable can i have a beta i can program a lot (HTML) if you need someone for 3d stuff id love to be on you're team i made a ship called sr-71 it has 4 plasma guns and a hyper plasma solid overdrive that makes it fast can it be in the game two?

thanks ziggy

------------------
Making love with his ego Ziggy sucked up into his mind
Like a leper messiah
When the kids had killed the man I had to break up the band.

Back