A little "something something"

Antix

Rear Admiral
I've gotten terribly bored in many of my classes, probably because everything the teachers say comes easy and logically to me and I'm just lucky that way, so I've dedicated the third section of my notebook to a novel I'm writing about the occurances between the end of the Border Worlds conflict and Blair's production of the Midway... I'm hoping to clear up what happened in the mean time. I've got my ideas but I'm just wondering if anyone else has bothered to do something of the same caliber. If that's so I won't waste my time with it and I'll find some other topic to write about, but it's terribly boring in class. Fear not, I'm able to multitask. It's terribly exciting to listen to the incessant babble of pointless facts while trying to decide what I would have done in Blair's shoes...

It shouldn't matter if someone else has already done a similar story. If you also want to write it, then nothing should get in your way.

If you have an idea in your head then I say go with it and the heck with what someelse is doing. And take from someone who managed to go through High school and college being bored by repetitive learning, it's the best place to get writing done.I don't think I've written more than 2 chapters since I graduated.

LOL! Well then, I'll plunge ahead, not that I wasn't going to anyway. I'd just wanted to know if someone else had attempted something of the same degree. I'll be sure to post it some months down the road if by some strange twist of the imagination I manage to actually finish what I start. However, I need to go back through The Price of Freedom and Prophecy and find a few details. Unlike some of the sponges around here, I can't remember all the iddy biddy things about WC, though I dearly love the game, soooooo it's off on a scavenger hunt.

Well, I did potentially consider that, but then I needed an excuse to cut my replay of WC3 for 4 and 5, heh. That gave me one, plus I want to grab some stills from the movie that got deleted from my comp with my last format. But I guess, in the interest of moving development of my story along, I need a few things. These details are all from The Price of Freedom, as the story begins right after Blair takes off from the flight deck leaving Paladin and Maniac behind.

In the final sequence, what planet is the Intrepid parked in front of? I believe it was Saturn or Jupiter, but if it wasn't, could anyone guess what system it might have been in?

What was the name of the doctor Blair "liberated" to do Tolwyn's dirty work that ended up dieing in his arms on the Black Lance superbase.

What was the letter/number combo for the planet first attacked by Tolwyn's genselect bioweapon?

What was the starbase Seether took out at the beginning of the game? I know they flue on to Bluepoint, but for some ungodly reason I can't remember the first one. Was it the Orlando Depot?

I think that's all for now but I most likely have more to ask later.

In the final sequence, what planet is the Intrepid parked in front of? I believe it was Saturn or Jupiter, but if it wasn't, could anyone guess what system it might have been in?

Looks like Saturn... it's a yellow ringed planet, at least. But you never really know -- Torgo in WC3 looks a lot like Jupiter <G>

What was the name of the doctor Blair "liberated" to do Tolwyn's dirty work that ended up dieing in his arms on the Black Lance superbase.

Dr. Tuesday Brody.

What was the letter/number combo for the planet first attacked by Tolwyn's genselect bioweapon?

FT957, in the Telamon System.

What was the starbase Seether took out at the beginning of the game? I know they flue on to Bluepoint, but for some ungodly reason I can't remember the first one. Was it the Orlando Depot?

That's correct, the Orlando Depot was the destroyed base.

TORGO!!!! Manos hand's of Fate!!!!!!!!! Sluggy freelance.

<as I pop in from my busy schedule, for just a brief moment before disapearing back into the hectics of my academic life :()

Torgo is the name of a character from an Old B horror flick: Manos Hands of fate.

It's one of those little cult things that has been spread all over, like there is a comic where the characters name is based off of it. Just saw the name and thought of that, so had to say something about it.

<you got any of the story written yet, by the by?>

Back