A happy ending to a tragic story.........

Darkmage

Vice Admiral
Last year a crime was commited, a disgusting crime, a crime against all wing commander fans.... someone stole MY copy of Wing Commander Kilrathi Saga Cd3! :-( that crime is being put right, over the next few weeks I will be downloading a copy of cd3. :)
NOTE: THIS IS NOT AN ABANDONWARE POST I WILL NOT GIVE OUT THE ADDRESS OF THE FILE.

I wouldnt have mentioned it anyway! But thats good you found a replacement source. Hope its not altered!

RFB

Dude, CD3 doesn't matter -- you can get WC3 to run in Win95 fairly easily... just buy a new copy for like three dollars.

Are you sure? I listened to one of the mp3's from the CIC and it sounded like a midi but the game's is much better in KS.

So... WC1KS and WC2KS have updated music engine, but WC3KS doesn't. That seems a little backward to me.

WC3 would taken more space if the music were digitized. It would have then taken more CDs, reworking of the insert CD code and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn't worth the effort for the price it would cost.

TC

The sound on Wing Commander 3 DOS won't work on certain computers, namely mine. I think my computer's cursed. Most people seem to run it okay, though.

Woah, did you respond to my post already!? Anyway, it's an eMachines (i.e. cheap) Celeron 400. I have a post about it in Tech Support, so I don't want to drag the problem into this thread. If you have any brilliant ideas (or even semi-brilliant ones), feel free to check it out. It's called "Trouble with Wing Commander 3." Oh, and Darkmage, I hope you get it to work. Good game.

Actually cd3 DOES MATTER I borrowed a copy of the dos version, I couldn't get any sound! the ks verson however, has beautiful sound!

Originally posted by Darkmage
Actually cd3 DOES MATTER I borrowed a copy of the dos version, I couldn't get any sound! the ks verson however, has beautiful sound!

Why do you keep yelling at us?

Originally posted by Darkmage

That is what I love about KS. The re-worked sound for WCI and II. I sometimes sit in the bar on the Claw just to listen to the background music! Crank it up and drive the wife nuts!! :D

RFB

Back