a funny resemblance

starlord

Swabbie
Banned
Hello to all,

I thought you might have a laught at seing this.
http://www.savefile.com/projects/1054966

the game is called star hammer and it's very close in spirit as to what promisses wc battlestations. I think you'll enjoy it. (the ship even slightly looks like a hornet).

For the collectors among you, the game has a prequel named starfire. You can get it here: http://www.savefile.com/projects/1054963 but this one's a classic vertical shooter.

Also, please observe that those shareware titles are full version and have been preserved by me, given the help of paul turbett and homebrew (who gave them to me after my request). It would be advisable for any downloaders to thank paul by mailing him at this address: paul@benevolent.com
(tell him starlord kept his word and that his programs live on).

thank you for him.

merry christmas.

charming little boger, isn't it?
It would have been a pity to let this thing die without retaining the full version, would it not?

Ah memories! I remember Star Hammer from the same PC Gamer UK mag. It came with the shareware version of a cute top-down racer called Slicks'n'Slides. Both of these games spread like wildfire through my schools computers. Fun.

I actually started looking for StarHammer a few months ago for some reason, but with no success. I was surprised that Home of the Under-dogs don't have it in their archives to be honest. So cheers for this starlord, much appreciated.

It's an Aussie game too. Silver Lightning. I think they made an okay Diablo clone called Ancient Evil or something before they went belly up. Too bad.

The game has a very WC1 feel to it, and the player's ship looks like the hornet. In fact, it looks somewhat like the System Shock minigame too. It's a good game.

My thoughts exactly. When I played this I always imagined the game with WC-themed graphics, music, story, ships and.....the works actually. A multi-player element would of been great too. If only I learned how to program! *kicks lazy-self*

Ah, Star Hammer! I tried to find the demo/first episode for that awhile back when I was thinking of old Shareware games. Good find!

And you can't imagine how hard it was to preserve them. In fact, they were on the ~~~~~~~~~' wanted list (now they have it): Starfire and star hammer were unfindable in full version: Paul turbett himself (the programmer) gave me the full versions and allowed me to spread them. This is why the person to thank would be him bafore anyone else.

I just shot off an e-mail now. Thanks again starlord. *gulps beer and starts up Star Hammer*

Oh no?
Should I have not enquired on paul turbett, starfire and star hammer would be GONE by now. Nobody would have cared to preserve those games in the first place, not even benevolent interactive which is currently housing ex-silver lightning software veterans.

It was not abandoned precisely because the programmer still had the full version and gave permission for it to be distributed. "Abandonware" has no legal meaning, it's an execuse to violate copyright. Since the guy gave permission for distribution, there's no reason to use it.

The story of the fight between humanity and the evil sloboids (both games are one and only saga).

To LOAF, I will voluntarily ignore that reply, I only hope it wasn't ill-attended.

Back