A few WC questions...

WildWeasel said:
Shane, good point about the possible Black Lance connection in WC3. I have a question of my own to raise. In WC2, we see Jazz doing some killing. I think we also see some gun use in WC4. (I can't be sure about that last one. It's been a very, very long time.) What kind of weapons do you think they're using in the Wing Commander universe? Bullets or lasers?

According to Pilgrim Stars, which I`m reading at the moment, every confed pilot is issued a C-244 pistol. It doesn`t say what kind of gun it is, but at least it`s a name.
wink2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they also had all their pilots give up their sidearms in WC2 after Jazz (though we didn't know it was him) killed the comm guy. I think in WCATV they had laser pistols and rifles, but it has been a while since I've watched the episodes.

Mad Hatter said:
According to Pilgrim Stars, which I`m reading at the moment, every confed pilot is issued a C-244 pistol. It doesn`t say what kind of gun it is, but at least it`s a name.
wink2.gif

From the Confederation Handbook, page 75:

The C-244 Pistol is the standard shipboard sidearm for Confed forces. It fires an explosive 2.3mm caseless projectile along a tight-beam magnetic field. It can be set to fire single shots or 3-round bursts.

Clips are mounted in the grip, and have a capacity of 100 rounds. The magnetic accelerator is powered with a sealed rechargeable power cell rated for 25,000 individual firings. The power cell is mounted in the grip, above the ammo bay.

On boarding operations it should be carried by all medics, and may be carried by officers in lieu of the C-47.
[assault rifle]

Weight (fully loaded) 1.7kg
Dimensions 19cm x 11cm x 6cm

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Shane: Yes, of course they would talk if somebody was trying to get into a fighter in his pyjamas. But the point is, with someone more... normal... they would have admired the person (it's the "wounded hero trying to save the day" thing). With Maniac, of course, they figured it's just another sign of his insanity.
Now, as for the way Iceman treated Maniac - we didn't see Iceman doing that kind of crap, but at the same time, we saw very little of Iceman altogether. At the same time, I'm certain that Iceman did indeed give Maniac the plebe treatment - but of course, for Iceman, the plebe treatment probably just meant looking down at Maniac with utter disdain... or it might not. Iceman wasn't always completely serious, though such moments were indeed rare. I'm referring to the start of SM2 (or SM1??). Apparently, Iceman does have hobbies other than killing cats ("I challenge you to a game of eight ball"). And apparently, he... uh... well... ("No way! You cheat!")
smile.gif

I guess that Iceman did have his relaxed moments. Though of course these were very rare, because of what the Kilrathi had done to his family (Lance wasn't Iceman's only child. We know of at least one other - Lance's sister? Half-sister? - who spent a few years as a Kilrathi slave.). All in all, I must say we did in fact know quite a bit about Iceman - but no more than he would let us know, which makes sense.

Hunter was hardly jealous. He's just Aussie
smile.gif
. Trust me, it wouldn't be at all difficult to find an example of Hunter-ish behaviour Down Under. But I don't think that's a reason to dislike Hunter - this was simply his way to prevent the stress from getting to him (if it did, we'd probably have two Maniacs). I don't think Maniac was the only victim of his jokes, either. Just the one we heard most about
wink2.gif

The two Ralatha... well, what happened was that they collided. And indeed, while it seemed apparent to most that Maniac's flying somehow resulted in this, others said he was on autopilot at the time
biggrin.gif

There are two reasons why Maniac became less of a jerk as WCP went on. First, Casey was becoming less of a plebe (recall the way Hawk & Spyder first treated Casey), and second... well, the situation was becoming more serious, and his newly-found (and quickly lost
smile.gif
) responsibilities forced him to sober up a bit.

I really need to read those books.
smile.gif

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

I remmember a couple of Ice's comms during missions mention "That was for my family" or something like that. I don't remeber hearing about a daughter. I know Bossman had one. Ice talking about her could have been in a cutscene I didn't see. I've never followed all the possible paths in WC1.

[This message has been edited by Shane (edited August 24, 2000).]

I hope you mean Paladin, cause otherwise Stiletto is gonna get one helluva surprise when Lance takes off his pants
smile.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Shane: It was in one of the SMs. I can't remember which one. At any rate, Iceman got a message from the TCS Jerusalem, that one of the ex-slaves they were carrying was his daughter. Then, there's also all those remarks Iceman made about having to get revange for what they did to his family on Vega Nine.

Wait... found the reference... posting...

"Confed Hicom sent me a vidlink message two hours ago. The TCS Jerusalem intercepted a slave ship, and one of my daughters was onboard. Julia's not... herself right now - she can't talk or take care of herself - but I'll see her as soon as we're back in Vega. It's been six long years, but I'm going to see my little girl again."

Notice, "one of my daughters".

Anyway, this happened at the end of SM2, during the last mission before they pulled out of Firekka (on the winning path).

I vaguely remember that. I've only played the KS version all the way trough once. The old DOS version I had was a triffle buggy. Wingman, like Iceman, would die before I ever flew with them (I know Bossman was supposed to, but I had several series where I flew the missions sans wingman, which isn't always a bad thing
smile.gif
) I think Ice, Paladin and Hunter vanished. Made the conversations interesting, since the other characters sometimes refered to people taht weren't there. If I recall correctly.

Aw, I feel left in all this Secret Missions talk.
frown.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

You got to admite that maniac wasn't as much of a jackass in prophicy as he was before.Acually tords the end of the game he was more on casey's side then he was with anyone else.
And about the wingman are you sure your wateing long enoght for him to jump after you do because it takes him time to jump like you.

------------------
..."Meir mortals well bowe down to my power!"

The old DOS version of the Secret Missions were buggy cos of a 'series overflow error', wasn't it? I was always annoyed when Iceman or Angel, or whoever mysteriously kicked the bucket.

Shane: 'Tis a vile bug, that 'un. Fortunately, I never encountered it myself, since I've only seen the KSaga version of SM1/2.

Damn I really need to replay them old games. My memory is slipping bad...

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

Hail to the king, baby.
-Ash, housewares

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back