A few "talking heads" video character appearance observations...

Glabro

Spaceman
I was just wondering...

Sparrow wears a different uniform to the other pilots. Is this because she's a woman or what? It's a much better looking one compared to the regular ones, too. You should switch them :p

Also...
Why does Jean the CPO wear so much make-up as to look beaten up on a military vessel? The picture in the character bios is much better :p

I was just wondering...

Also...
Why does Jean the CPO wear so much make-up as to look beaten up on a military vessel? The picture in the character bios is much better :p

I didn't think her appearance was all that strange; many women in the Navy wear a lot of makeup, even on cruise.

I was just wondering...

Sparrow wears a different uniform to the other pilots. Is this because she's a woman or what? It's a much better looking one compared to the regular ones, too. You should switch them :p

Also...

Or you can just live with it and enjoy the game. :p

No, of course not!
This matter overrides any sort of enjoyment I might glean from the mod ever again.
Duh.

I was just wondering...

Also...

Nothing will be done to the talking-head scenes. They are finished...and I don't think Eder wants to touch them again either :p

And to the remaining part of your conversation....ugh.

Nothing will be done to the talking-head scenes. They are finished...and I don't think Eder wants to touch them again either :p

And to the remaining part of your conversation....ugh.

Seconded...

Although I was wondering about the jacket Bradshaw always has on, whats up with that thing?

The brown leather jacket on the player character is just a Privateer / Strike Commander reference. I figured I could go along with it, since there's also a confed character in Privateer who wears a leather jacket with all her confed insignia on it.

Sparrow doesn't wear a different uniform than the male characters, she has a different 3d model for her body (obviously) but uses mostly the same textures. If you think her uniform looks better, it's probably because I did a better job on the female model than on the male one (seeing as how I made the female model months or maybe years after making the male one, it's quite possible). And the tech looks as good as I could get her to back then, which is not too good.

Heh, not to worry, like I said, it's just a small cosmetic quirk in an excellent game. I figure you guys need praise amid "observations" to keep things in perspective, too!

Yeah, no worries, the game is obviously not perfect and we know that. :p

Ideally, the pre-rendered scenes and voiceovers should have been done all in one batch (and not spread over the course of 4-5 years) to keep the quality consistent...

"I think we’re all a little crazy, mate. Maybe you have to be a little nuts to keep from going completely bonkers in a war like this."

Back