A few questions about Priv Gemini Gold

N

Nedan

I really only have two quick questions about this purist remake & I appreciate any help anyone can give...

1) How do I re-enable that dropaway cockpit in WCPGG like the Priv Remake? Does it require a quick edit like in the vegastrike.config file... or do I need to copy over any files from the Priv Remake?

Before you reply, please note... I'm already aware that some people will say it is better to play this way with the cockpit enabled like it is or that it gives incentive to buy better ships. That's all well & good... but the amount of extra screenspace the cockpits in each ship took up always seemed a little unnecessary IMHO (even with the best ship). So I would like to at least know how to edit it back in myself if it's not too much trouble.

2) Why are the quadrant maps not a part of the Upgrade buy/sell screen?

Now I'll admit this a rather small & seemingly stupid question. But in the original Privateer game, I was able to sell off one of my quadrant maps (possibly all of them as well... I can't remember though as it has been a while). Now that may seem pretty stupid (& before you reply... I fully agree) but when I was in a pinch... I was able to sell off one of my maps that I wasn't using at the moment for a little extras cash until I got more to buy it back.

Thanks.

Nedan said:
2) Why are the quadrant maps not a part of the Upgrade buy/sell screen?

Now I'll admit this a rather small & seemingly stupid question. But in the original Privateer game, I was able to sell off one of my quadrant maps (possibly all of them as well... I can't remember though as it has been a while). Now that may seem pretty stupid (& before you reply... I fully agree) but when I was in a pinch... I was able to sell off one of my maps that I wasn't using at the moment for a little extras cash until I got more to buy it back.

Thanks.

Actually I think the real question is "Why aren't the radar upgrades with the Quadrant maps?" eh? :p

Sorry for the delayed responce.

Seriously, I don't actually get that responce SylenThunder. Basically, you don't want the rader upgrades in the buy/sell screen?

if you are on the screen with the maps and pics of radar modules, then click on the radar modules, it takes you to the upgrade screen. why not have the radar upgrades on the screen with the maps and radar upgrades? Sorry wasn't very specific was I? :)

That would be fine by me SylenThunder but the problem I have would still remain. You can't see the prices of quadrant maps & you wouldn't see the prices of the radar modules either. Added on to the fact that you wouldn't be able to sell them even though you could in the original game.

And that's my problem.

I can't see the prices & I don't really want to go flipping through the old Privateer manual for that information when it should be readily available in the game. And I don't want to go to the extreme & fire up the old Privateer in DOSBox just check the prices. Because if I actually had to do that, I really wouldn't see a point in playing Gemini Gold then.

Back