A Few Points...

IIRC that was fairly hard to do. SO simply crashes if there are too many object/polygons on screen in software. However WCPas doesn't seem to allow to check which rendering mode is active. So unless there is some sort of DLL hack done you could only either have Software broken OR you'll get D3D with less ships OR you do two versions of UE.

BTW, I've just uploaded the patch for the patch of the v1.02 patch :). This patch should fix the M9 cutscene problem, and might (who knows? :p) fix the M3 Beaufort-ending problem. If anyone encounters either of these two bugs (or any new ones), let me know.

Well, since I'm concentrating my WC efforts on P2 right now (and working on assignments too), I doubt I'll have a chance to try this out. Nevertheless, thanks for your efforts, Q, and I'll be sure to report any more bugs. :)

Quarto, I'm sorry to say that your mission was... a failure. The good news is that Missions 8A and 5B still work. The bad news is that I still have to press F1 to return to the cockpit in Mission 9A. I didn't have time to try Mission 9B or 3B again. It's certainly not a big deal, nor is it urgent - I suggest that you might want to look into it when you have a little more free time. It really isn't too good to stay indoors too much. Hmm, I could probably do well to heed my own advice. :) [I'm certain I was using v1.02c as uemiss.tre is time-stamped as being last modified on 31 May 2004, 22:55:56.]

Eh, I don't think I'll be trying to fix that bug any more. The camera-switching is done in just about the same manner as in other missions where this bug does not occur. It should work properly - indeed, the previous version also should have worked properly. It's possible that I've overlooked some tiny detail somewhere, but it would have to be a pretty darned hard-to-notice detail for that to happen. So, for the time being at least, I'm not going to even try.

Correct. Following the events of WC4, the Border Worlds decided that, henceforth, all Durango-class carriers would be called the BWS Intrepid.

(no - it's not just a Durango, it really is the Intrepid)

Why would the BW scrap the bengals when inferior ships like the durangos was left alone?
Just doesnt make sense.

Cost effectiveness vs. power projection required, maybe. Plus, the Intrepid was the carrier that 'saved' the fledgling UBW from being annihilated by the Black Lance/Confed. Don't think any BW politicians would be too quick to send her in for scrap :)

C-ya

Viper61 said:
Cost effectiveness vs. power projection required, maybe. Plus, the Intrepid was the carrier that 'saved' the fledgling UBW from being annihilated by the Black Lance/Confed. Don't think any BW politicians would be too quick to send her in for scrap :)

C-ya

Yeah, you are right, of course. :eek:

Dyret said:
Why would the BW scrap the bengals when inferior ships like the durangos was left alone?
Just doesnt make sense.
Why would the BW want Bengals in the first place? They're strike carriers - hardly the best ship to own when your biggest concern is improving your defences.

Quarto said:
Why would the BW want Bengals in the first place? They're strike carriers - hardly the best ship to own when your biggest concern is improving your defences.

ah, but the best defense is a good offense.

Tell that to Willford :p
WC ideology in peace-time, specially in the BW, doesnt prefer offensive technology. Also, Bengals are old and obsolete ships those days. ;)

The Bengal class isn't that obsolete. It has plenty of turret coverage and a large offensive armament which is still pretty up to date for the day.

Which leaves me another question? Even in a sneak attack on the Tiger's Claw with the Strakha's, woudn't the turrets have time to fire on the torpedoes since they would have to been launched farther out for the fighters to avoid the blast of the ship exploding.

If you're in full alert, yes.
But in case of the wc2 intro, when you're not expecting anything and perhaps had a brake to drink some coffe...then no. :p

The Ranger class CVE's that they BW wants to replace the Bengals with are an even older design. The Rangers aren't as well equiped for front line fighting like the Bengals. Even if the BW wants to have a defensive type fleet, a couple of hard hitting strike carriers aren't a bad thing to have around for particularly rough times; like when an unknown alien speices attacks. :rolleyes:

It's worth considering the difference between a design's age, and a ship's age; the Bengals are newer than the Rangers as a class, but in the context of the BW armaments debate, you must consider that any Rangers built for the BW at this point will obviously be much more reliable than the Dauntless or the Invincible, both of which had probably taken far too many hits in their long careers anyway. What's more, these new Rangers would also be much more modern, since they're being built for a navy, not a museum. About the only thing they'd share with the original Rangers would be the basic hull configuration.

When working on that particular aspect of the UE fiction, one of my intentions was to make the Bengal-scrapping a deeper, more complex issue than just a clone of Action Stations "stupid politicians want to disarm us" subplot. Yes, Daniels and the others serving on the Dauntless are understandably bothered by the decision to scrap their ship, but that doesn't mean the government is completely wrong. If you think about it for a moment, you will realise that Bengals are the last thing the Border Worlds needs.

Quarto said:
Correct. Following the events of WC4, the Border Worlds decided that, henceforth, all Durango-class carriers would be called the BWS Intrepid.

(no - it's not just a Durango, it really is the Intrepid)
oh damn

Quarto said:
When working on that particular aspect of the UE fiction, one of my intentions was to make the Bengal-scrapping a deeper, more complex issue than just a clone of Action Stations "stupid politicians want to disarm us" subplot. Yes, Daniels and the others serving on the Dauntless are understandably bothered by the decision to scrap their ship, but that doesn't mean the government is completely wrong. If you think about it for a moment, you will realise that Bengals are the last thing the Border Worlds needs.

BW dont "need" the the bengals, but i think the nephilim invasion proved that even if you dont use them on a regular basis, its always a good idea to have at one or two of them. Of course, the politicians couldnt know about the bugs, but a bengal is always nice to have when facing a invasion, witch isnt all that unusual in WC.

Back