A few bugs and other issues I've found while playing

zergnerd

Spaceman
I've just picked up the steltek gun and figured I'd mention a few bugs / issues I've noticed so far.

The steltek drone first appears while I'm still en route to the derelict space craft rather than after I get the gun.

I bought a cloaking device before going to Rygannon. It made the missions too easy, since I never had to actually fight anyone. You might want to either reserve the cloaking device for after picking up the gun or require that hostile forces be killed to complete the mission. I suppose the same would be true for Tayla's brilliance runs, etc.

When the cloaking device is on, I can autopilot from the middle of an asteroid field.

A lot of the systems don't appear on the map until you travel to a system that has a jump to them.

I am unable to mount guns onto my Centurion's tail turret. The mounts don't show up when I try to purchase a weapon.

I don't think the repair droids are actually doing any thing.

The steltek drone seems much more sluggish and easier to hit than in the original Privateer. I remember it was able to turn much more quickly so that it was nearly impossible to hit.

Other than that the game seems to work quite well.

Zergnerd

zergnerd said:
The steltek drone first appears while I'm still en route to the derelict space craft rather than after I get the gun.
will check that out.
I bought a cloaking device before going to Rygannon. It made the missions too easy, since I never had to actually fight anyone.
It will likely be taken out, at least until after the campaign.
A lot of the systems don't appear on the map until you travel to a system that has a jump to them.
That is the intended behaviour. Purchaseable maps like in the original has been discussed, I guess we haven;t gotten around to putting them in.
I am unable to mount guns onto my Centurion's tail turret. The mounts don't show up when I try to purchase a weapon.
It is currently not possible to equip subunits. For this reason we made 9 different rear turrets, one with each type of gun (and varying in price accordingly). Not exactly the same, but the result is the same. They were added unfortunately right after the beta was released. Please see the sticky thread for info on applying a patch to get them into your game.
I don't think the repair droids are actually doing any thing.
It's been noted before that they are too slow. They do work though, sometimes too well. In one instance, a repair droid went nuts and boosted the speed of one of our player's Tarsus beyond it's normal max lol
The steltek drone seems much more sluggish and easier to hit than in the original Privateer. I remember it was able to turn much more quickly so that it was nearly impossible to hit.
It is still capable of turning quicly. The ship is nimble. If it doesn't, it is due to the ai, so that would need to be fixed. You have then engaged it? Were you successful?

Thanks for your comments!

You have then engaged it? Were you successful?

I've engaged it, but I haven't killed it yet. (Actually, I don't think I've even hurt it.) I'm sitting at Perry Naval Station trying to remember where I go to be pointed in the direction of Admiral Terrel's office.

Zergnerd

Right clicking in the base interface cycles through all available hotpoints
Yeah, I know where is office is. I was trying to remember how to get in contact with Commander Goodin, so I could actually get into the office rather than just get stopped. I finally found her. Anyway I did manage to destroy the drone just before I found her (using about 90-100 photon torpedos near a naval base in Khartzu that had plenty to resupply on). I don't think I ever saw my guns damage it, but a heavy barrage of PT's makes things go well. But then again, guns can't deliver 40x60 damage points in a few seconds. I didn't see the drones shields decrease when I destroyed it (it just got redder), so this might be a bug also.

New bug. The confeds hate me (-100). After I talk to Admiral Terrell, I go to Blockade Point Tango to help the ambush. They start shooting the drone, so I decloak to help and every one forgets the drone and starts shooting at me. (sound of me running away) It might be helpful to reset the confeds relationship when this mission starts.

Also, is the Steltek fighter invulnerable? I unloaded a few dozen PT's on it with no effect after fleeing the confeds. I didn't ever try to kill it in the original game, so I don't know.

zergnerd said:
I didn't see the drones shields decrease when I destroyed it (it just got redder), so this might be a bug also.
Not a bug. It is supposed to be invulnerable to regular guns, but damageable with a boosted gun. The way we do this is give it massive shields, and letting the boosted gun bypass the shields. Torps are the same way I suppose hehe.
It might be helpful to reset the confeds relationship when this mission starts.
It certainly would be.
Also, is the Steltek fighter invulnerable? I unloaded a few dozen PT's on it with no effect after fleeing the confeds. I didn't ever try to kill it in the original game, so I don't know.
It is like the drone, impossible to damage with regular guns. It was so in the original. It was also very hard to damage it with a boosted gun.. I cheated once and gave myself 4 boosted guns and was able to destroy it, but it isn't easy :D

Ok, the drone can be killed in the ambush by leading it away from the confeds since it's faster than their ships. They still want to kill me after they give me their medal of honor, though. Bit ironic.

The drone's AI seems alot less difficult than I remember. It mostly loops out and back in like a Talon giving me plenty of time to shoot at it. I seem to remember in the game, it stayed in closer and ran circles aroung me while flipping to shoot at me. The thing was nearly impossible to hit.

All in all great gameplay. I'll have to go find Kilrah next.

I ran across Eden yesterday. Any chance Righteous fire has been programmed in?

Back