A discussion on the true nature of the Nephilim

The makers of WC were quite clear on the fact that the novels were canon. They were licensed by Origin, and Origin reps have stated that they do in fact form a canon part of the WC universe.

Best, Raptor

Besides, it says, "She didn't live to finish the sentence." And, uh, they do mention Blair and Rachel's former relationship and divorce in the Prophecy Guide.

Too bad, I liked Flint better than Rachel. But she's gone; otherwise, she would have popped up in subsequent games.

Not really, there could be lots of reason in universe and in real life that Flint wasnt in any other games.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Besides, it says, "She didn't live to finish the sentence." (...)
I think the novel makes it canon that she doesn't survive...
But then again, who knows? :)

No, they both eject... the novel just doesn't mention they are tractored in by Confed later on (which they are, because well... you said it! ;) )

They were tractored in by Confed, when there were no Confed ships in the Kilrah system, from around the orbit of a planet that blew up?

Originally posted by Nep Parth
Besides, it says, "She didn't live to finish the sentence."

Which could mean anything. Maybe she ejected, hooked up with Blair, and never did get around to finishing that sentance in her lifetime. :D

Best, Raptor

Oh, yeah! Taken in that context, it could mean anything! <G>

Maniac and Vagabond weren't picked up by Confed ships, they were picked up by Kilrathi ships, and tortured, before the Kilrathi grudgingly released them.

Yes, LOAF is right i have the body of Flint next to me in my bed......mmmhhhhhhhh sugar.....!!!!! :)

Raptor, you’re alive!:)

What matters is the ending that the WC authors choose to go with.

I agree! But they haven’t chosen one yet for the Black Lance. If and when they do though, let’s hope it’s a “final chapter”.

Similarly, i can say till I'm blue in the face that Flint did in fact survive having her fighter blown up (after all, as Flint was in WC3, isn't the onus on the canon to prove that she is dead? That's after all, the logic that you're using) . . .

Flint’s flint. As we’re beholden to the WC authors, so we’re beholden to their artistic license. Characters don’t always die staring their audience in the face. The account of Flint’s last known moments is more than enough to imply her death, and this we must therefore accept. It’s canon.

Would that we had some indication like that for the Black Lance, but we don’t. The best we have is what you’ve already pointed to–Blair’s being given the assignment to help track them down. However, that doesn’t point to the end of the Black Lance, only the beginning of what may or may not prove an exciting hunt. The story continues.

But enough of WCIV; let’s get back to Flint! Don’t despair too much over her death. The good news about artistic license is that dead people can get better. It’s pretty rare, yes, but it’s been known to happen. Remember, there’s always hope for the things you really want. (Just don’t hold your breath in this case, especially for that secret romance thing.)

Originally posted by Nemesis
Raptor, you’re alive!:)

Yes, but my posting is severely limited, by having to spend 40-45 hours a week working, and another 10 to 15 studying for my pharmacy registration assesments. TBH, the only reason I do it is to have enough money to feed my WC habit.

As for the Black Lance, well, we'll agree to disagree on that. While it might not be explicitly stated, I think there's enough evidence to conclude with a reasonable certainty that they're gone. And given they crimes they comitted in WC4 (and Confed's usual reaction to traitors in its midst) I think the onus on those who believe they still exist to prove that, rather than the other way around.

But, like I said, we'll agree to disagree on that. :D

Best, Raptor

Back