A dead-end Bug already....

MuffinMan

Spaceman
Hmm sorry about the title but really... I am already getting a dead-end bug at mission 2 of the prologue already. The briefing says I should clear the jump point from hostiles,when I go to the first nav there are no hostiles are appearing. My wingman just says "I dunno, does this feel a little ominous to anyone else?"

And that's it, nothing is happening....as if the trigger is missing...

No Auto, no talk, no little task ....nothing, the lionheart just stands still there, not even moving.

Kept restarting the mission over and over again, and nothing is happening.

Ok, I've solved it by reinstalling it...again.
This time I made sure not to scan the cargo ship in the first mission, for some reason, scanning it as it is requested cause the second mission to have a dead end.

Another a very weird bug I encountered twice: The online scoreboard.

Each time I check it and go to a mission, it throws me out to the windows. Unchecking it again doesn't even work!!! I re-installed this game twice after that and the damage that the checked scoreboard was permanent , the only way was to play the game again was reinstalling it all over again.

Yes, I second what Dundradal said. You have to completely remove the old version of Standoff from your machine and install the new package for everything to work properly.

When we made Episode 3 (IIRC, or was it 2 ?) we had to restructure the whole series file, making the savegames created with the previous versions of Standoff incompatible. Since you started playing with an old package, it's quite possible you're experiencing such problems.

Did you start a new game after you installed the Ep1-4 and Ep5 packages?

Of course I did, I didn't start the game before installing Ep5.

Another weird bug too....the ITTS, it's not appearing anymore in the missions, yet it's appearing in the simulator.

Is there some enable/disable shortcut for the ITTS? I don't recall there was one on SO.

When we made Episode 3 (IIRC, or was it 2 ?) we had to restructure the whole series file, making the savegames created with the previous versions of Standoff incompatible. Since you started playing with an old package, it's quite possible you're experiencing such problems.

i've deleted all old savefiles of the old package.

Sorry for the delay, I was too immersed in playing Standoff :p :p :p , I am now at chapter 3, at nightmare difficulty all along.

well yea I resolved the issue back then by uninstalling/reinstalling the whole game and its savefiles (after the mission issue).

And yes, I thought the ITTS thing was a bug, but it's actually a feature lol.

The only thing that is bugging me a bit is the scoreboard option, I don't dare to turn it on again since the last time it cause permanent crushes at any mission's starting (it crushes when your jet is launching), and turning it off didn't resolve it. I had to uninstall and reinstall once again.

Do you think it would be safer to copy/paste the whole SO directory to somewhere else and try to play Sim mission there while scoreboard option is on? Or would the scoreboard option affect both directories?

Will there be a Standoff 2? :p

Prince Thrakhath himself answers your final question, if you click on the right barrel at the right time...

(or search this forum for easter eggs I guess)

The only thing that is bugging me a bit is the scoreboard option, I don't dare to turn it on again since the last time it cause permanent crushes at any mission's starting (it crushes when your jet is launching), and turning it off didn't resolve it. I had to uninstall and reinstall once again.
Turning the option on can't crash the game, really. If you're affraid just backup copy the SO folder before you do so you can recover your savegames and preferences.
Do you think it would be safer to copy/paste the whole SO directory to somewhere else and try to play Sim mission there while scoreboard option is on? Or would the scoreboard option affect both directories?
Never do that. Only one copy of the Secret Ops (adn Standoff !) folder can exists, and it's referenced in the refistry. Having two copies will have unexpected results; many, many people have asked for help on these forums in the past and their problem was just that, moving or copying the Secret Ops folder.
Will there be a Standoff 2? :p
Sorry, no ! Bradshaw's story is over. We may do something new one day, but not Standoff.

Hi, long time WC CIC reader, first time poster.

I'm having the exact same issue as well and no amount of uninstalling/deleting/reinstalling is fixing the bug. Nor did scanning the freighter or not change anything.

Searches have brought up nothing on it really but some really interesting WC-related threads :D

Back