A call for voices.

Tempest

Spaceman
Hey everybody. Commencing ad campaign! :)

Do you have a mic and feel like speeding up the process to a prologue release, not to mention greatly helping the entire progress of the game? - oh boy do I have uses for you!

After going through all the lines I have in stock, I'm in need for many generic voices to be recorded. Even if you've done other lines in the game, if you feel you can change your voice slightly, then please do so, as it would greatly help.

If anyone feels they can lend their voice, I'll send out the lines to you individually. Just reply to this thread, or send me an email at: rileyrock@hotmail.com (please note: when sending actual voice files, I will specify a private account. My hotmail can't take it! :) )

This will really help us out, guys, and will be appreciated. Oh... and the first of those to respond will get the best lines ;)

Usually the software of your soundcard should provide some means of recording to a wav file. At least mine does.

powell99 said:
how do ya record voices cause it sounds interesting

As long as you have a microphone, your computer should come with the necessary software to record your lines.

So far I've had a pretty good response (email wise), but there is still plenty more lines, people. Dont miss your chance to make yourself heard across the Wing Commander universe!
:p

Does it... matter?

In response to the question, I dont know. It's old and went away? Anyway, the voice overs status has changed quite a bit since then, and I need to get them organised my way now, so.. back to the actual topic.

TurboTim07 said:
there's not a certain age requirement is there? cuz im only 16 so i dunno how my voice would sound

I think I'll be able to find a role for you without too much hassle. If you can send the following sample line to my more secure email account: rileymk@bigpond.net.au in WAV format, 16bit, 22khz, mono, I will then judge what role you can play, and send the lines out to you promptly. :)

"How about shooting AROUND me, rather than THROUGH me." (Emphasis on the capitalised, obviously) :)

I'll get back to you with the role you can play.

I have already sent a sample to Eder and he gave me the Generic Landreich Pilot #2 voices, which will be used only in the main campaign.
So I guess I could be of some help in the Prologue.

I'm going to record a sample soon and send it off to you guys and the saga team....

wouldn't mind adding a little new england twang to the WCU....

"Well ain't that just a wicked pissah about their carrierah"

Very good Tempest!!!, it's good to see hard dedication to prologue release. If all go fine I'll be rushed to end the SIM missions to not delay the main campaign. :)
I'm sorry but I can not help with voices, maybe my voice could sound how capship officer, a old man (I have 38), but my native language is spanish and surely my pronunciation is not good... besides, my chief (the greatest Q) have me prohibido forbidden to other things more than coding missions jeje :)
Good Luck with voces man!

TanGO

Just for clarification, people listed in the old voices thread who had already a role assigned still do have that role. Nobody will get un-assigned from a role (unless the person doesn't reply anymore), and nobody's previously recorded lines have been (or will be) discarded.

Tempest is handling voiceover organization now, so you can either email him about it or wait for him to email you. :p

I'm probably to blame for all the confusion about this so far, I didn't do a great job on voiceover management. Now it's under new management, though. :)

Oh Eder! if you say that for me publication I'm sorry, I didn't like to offend you. You are the greatest and complete designer to WC mods :), only I was happy for the intention of advance in the prologue but really I didn't like to offend. Is good distribute the tasks and supervise it, this ensure a good quality game. Standoff is the greatest and your ships will fly for ever!!! :)

TanGO

sorry can't do it

well i just found out my mic ain't working :( so sorry i can't send you a sample tempest. oh well maybe in another mod later in life....

Starkey said:
I have already sent a sample to Eder and he gave me the Generic Landreich Pilot #2 voices, which will be used only in the main campaign.
So I guess I could be of some help in the Prologue.

If you want to send a sample file, even if it's one of those Landreich ones that you recorded, to rileymk@bigpond.net.au - then I'll see if I can fix you up with something in the prologue.

tango said:
Oh Eder! if you say that for me publication I'm sorry, I didn't like to offend you.
No offense taken, I just said that because I *really* did a bad job at voiceover management. :p

tango said:
Eder, you could update the web site progress code SIM missions to yellow :D
Does that mean you've completed all those three missions? :) I'll remember that for the next update.

Back