• Yes, I most definetely do

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • No, go die a horrible, horrible death

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Talyn 83

Spaceman
How to tell if you have ANAL RETENTIVE SYNDROME:

1. You respond with sarcasm to most everything.
2. You have a photographic memory and use it to your advantage (to prove EVERYONE wrong).
3. You memorize useless trivia...not on purpose, and seem to have an opinion on everything (and you truly believe you are right).
4. Everything you say you can argue it to the death(or until the party/parties get irritated/annoyed with you and give up. Or you make it completely obvious that you are correct and you point it out to the party/parties that they are wrong by going point by point in each aspect that they are wrong and by doing this you probably will irritate/annoy the party/parties that you are arguing with also).
5. You might be a candidate for Anal Retentive Syndrome if you understood the above explanation.
6. You have methods of speaking, that when you are done you have most people convinced you are absolutely correct.
7. Everyone else’s opinion is wrong(but when you know you are wrong you have a way of turning it around to make it seem that, you know what that they said was true, but you were just stating it in a different manner).
8. You enjoy arguing.
9. As a child you parent often said "quit being a smart ass!!!!"(and you reply "it is better than being a dumb ass").
10. Your own kind annoy you(other anal retentive people….wait everyone gets annoyed with anal retentive people if exposed to them over short periods of time).
11. You correct the teacher(even if you know you are wrong...wait….if you are anal retentive you are always right).
12. When confronted with another anal retentive person and become involved with an argument with them it results in 2 reactions:
A) If you win the argument you believe you are god and remind that person everyday of how you beat them
B) You plot the demise of the person the proved you wrong (even though you will not admit to be proven wrong)
13. After having a conversation with someone you can later recall everything they said to you (usually word by word) and throw that in their face to beat them in a later argument.
14. When watching a movie you make all the sarcastic comments that the characters should be making.
15. You laugh when people tell you that sarcasm is a from of anger, because you use sarcasm all the time and you’re not an angry person.
16. Everyone around you is an idiot and you must express that they are idiots by correct them in a sarcastic manner. (By using sarcasm in correcting them you are not being “rude”, just sarcastic)

I found it on the metallica BB and completely recognized myself, so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Isn't useless trivia redundant? :) Yeah I fit some of those, from time to time, but not all. I like to think I'm open to other ideas.

Originally posted by Talyn 83

9. As a child you parent often said "quit being a smart ass!!!!"(and you reply "it is better than being a dumb ass").

I said that.......once.......

Sort of like Bill Cosby. One of his jokes was that his mother was always sick and tired of the trouble he was getting into. One time, the joke goes, the following happened:

Mother: I'm sick
BC (interupting): And tired
BOOM!

Bill doesn't remember what happened the rest of that day :)

Originally posted by Talyn 83

9. As a child you parent often said "quit being a smart ass!!!!

don't forget the fights it caused with kid. teachers comments but its good when your right.:D

I think I know a lot of people who seem to be suffering from ARS
(with this sentence I probably just qualified myself )

You...!

1. You respond with sarcasm to most everything.

I do NOT! *that was such a true statement.*

3. You memorize useless trivia...not on purpose, and seem to have an opinion on everything (and you truly believe you are right).

Hey! Theres nothing wrong with that. Just because I celebrate Sivar-Eshrad on October 20 doesn't mean...

Re: You...!

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-

Hey! Theres nothing wrong with that. Just because I celebrate Sivar-Eshrad on October 20 doesn't mean...

Hey, you aren't the one who went and made a nice little program that lists out all the Sivar Eshrad dates for thousands of years so that people *don't* celebrate it on October the 20th... Next year has two Sivar-Eshrads... the first being on 2002.63

TC

Re: Re: You...!

Originally posted by TC

Hey, you aren't the one who went and made a nice little program that lists out all the Sivar Eshrad dates for thousands of years so that people *don't* celebrate it on October the 20th... Next year has two Sivar-Eshrads... the first being on 2002.63

TC

And you're not the one who corresponded the Terran and Kilrathi dates in Voices of War to determine the exact lengths of the various Kilrathi measures of times...:)

Back