a beauty gets a new dress...

Deacan

Commodore
Today is a day full of wonders... And today my dear friend and teammember surprises me on the most charming way possible...

As I am a huge fan of Privateer II, he starts to recreate the civil Duress!
Yes, he did it... and it's seem just to be a begin.

So... here is the old one and the new, completly redone version.

Awesome! Great! I'm happy...

http://88.198.6.75/theawakeninghp/forum/thread.php?threadid=74

Feel free to give Hudson a response.

Deacan

Attachments

• duress_remake.gif
    duress_remake.gif
    98.5 KB · Views: 303
Oooohhh. That's pretty. Somehow, I find myself missing the greenish cockpit glass.
Could you tell him "Good Job" for me? Sadly, I don't speak German, and I don't want to let babelfish destroy whatever I would write.
Looks sweet!

Oooohhh. That's pretty. Somehow, I find myself missing the greenish cockpit glass.
Could you tell him "Good Job" for me? Sadly, I don't speak German, and I don't want to let babelfish destroy whatever I would write.
Looks sweet!

Ähm... yes, our forum is "still" german, but we try to speak both languages. We still work on an english FAQ, perhaps then you understand more of this forum...

;)

Deacan

PS: btw - you will find a step-by-step "manual" to see what Hudson has done to create this beauty

GRRRR :mad: I wish i could frigging play Privateer 2, its by far my FAV game of all time. But my punk dad broke disc 1 and now i can't play the stupid game at all. I don't feel like buying it either. Can anyone make a ISO of Disc 1 and please send it throught like msn or something. I really want to play it.

So... Duress is the first, and I have that feeling that another ship is still in progress...

And this time it's big...

Deacan

GRRRR :mad: I wish i could frigging play Privateer 2, its by far my FAV game of all time. But my punk dad broke disc 1 and now i can't play the stupid game at all. I don't feel like buying it either. Can anyone make a ISO of Disc 1 and please send it throught like msn or something. I really want to play it.

Why don't you want to buy your favorite stupid game of all time? It's not that expensive.

[18:11] <Osiris> My cd 1 is broken to WC4 and i was wondering if someone could make a iso form of theirs
[18:12] <Osiris> I don't want to buy the whole game agian just for 1 cd

You should get your story straight.

Dude Ok i am taking a pic of my Privateer cd 1 thats snapped, its still in its case and a i am going to take a pic of my CD 1 WC4 with the rest of the cds beside it. I know it just seems like "Wtf?" You want something in the pic to authenticate it? Want me to have peice of paper saying "Howdy Chri Ried?" and the cds sitting on top?

Sorry the games are old and through moving and packaging not all my cds didn't turn out ok. There are prob more cds than just CD 1 that got messed up but the only ones i can notice is CD 1 cause thats the only one i am trying to use.

Once i post my pic, i think i might just bounce out of these forums cause if i have another issue i will prob just get accusations made toward me or hinting that i am trying pirate games. Which is really stupid cause i wasn't asking for the whole game. I was only curious if someone was kind of enough to share an iso of only cd 1 to yes both games WC4 and Pivateer 2 in which i am having problems with. Buying Privateer 2 can be done if i had a credit card but i don't nor does my dad or i can take the other method Ebay but agian i don't want to buy 6 cds just for one or buy 3 cds just for one.

I know asking for any part of the game is in sense pirating but i was hoping someone would cut me a break and see that i am not trying to smooch the whole game off them. I am just trying to get my old favorite games up and running. I just don't like spending cash for a bunch of cds when i only want ONE out of 6 cds or ONE out 3 cds.

Now for WC4 if you go to this thread i made asking for help trying to get it running, I don't think my cd 1 to WC4 is messed up.

http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?p=320190#post320190

So i do have my story straight so please Chris don't just take random crap i say out of context.

On a side note ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really nice work when I get the game I would love to test that out.

I'm sorry dude... but that's pretty sad... if it IS your fav game of all time then you SHOULD buy it again regardless.

I bought WC 3 twice... and now even downloaded it.
Same with WC 4 and Command & Conquer.

If something is so favourite then one shouldn't act so cheap... doesn't really make it that favourite... unless ofcourse u have financial priorities [Like I'd much rather spend my money BUYING STARGATE SG-1 than STAR TREK] then that's understandable.

If it IS... then I'll try to make an ISO of my PRIVATEER 2 CD 1

To avoid some questions: the colors of Hudsons fighter comes from book II of the "Erwachen" - series.
Hudson did his first duty inside the "Red Stars" wing, witch is one of the best battle groups from Hades.

Deacan

That "newer" version of the duress looks pretty cool. I wonder if it would have more hard points than the original. I played almost half of the game with that ship. The only reason I ended up upgrading is so I could get more firepower. I was actually surprised that I could get so far in the game with it. I'm going to have to play Privateer II again soon, just so I can enjoy flying it again.

From the 2D to 3D...

Zivil duress gets in form:

dureslowpoly.jpg

Well, you see - we don't sleep.

And there is more to come...

Deacan

Back