_=Prophecy + Secret Ops+-

Romale

Spaceman
Does prophecy have multi player support or was that just some huge misprint on the back of the box:
2. mission 1 episode 3 your suppost to save shy medows, kyoto rose and another transport , i've played secret ops like 8 times through and this is first time i had this happen: as soon as i start the mission the ships instaly die any ideas?

Nope Prophecy doesn't have multi player. What do you mean by instantly? Right when you lunch, with no chance of defending the convoy or do you have any time to get to the transports before they die?

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited January 08, 2000).]

ya as soon as it shows the cerberus warping in it says MISSION FAILED and you hear the screams, then after there all dead and you FINALY get to fly the wasp it goes this is the shy medows balh blah balh but there all dead

and WTH did the back of my box say "with al new multi player network and modem support"

I think the british version of PG had that on the box, just a mistake, or ignorance from EA. Maybe you should try replaying few previous missions and see if that helps. I've never heard of anybody having a problem like that.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

I have that problem all the time. Once I've played the missions through and start a new game a few of the missions which were winable, become unwinable (Shy Meadows, Lyton Station etc.). The only cure is instead of choosing new game when you complete it, just reinstall the whole thing. It's a pain, but it cure the problem.

------------------
'For the World is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky'.

Wing Commander - Secret Ops Missions
http://saturn.spaceports.com/~wcsom/index.html

The missions become unwinable because the transports and station blow up before your fighter is even out of the lauch tube, so messing around with the Nav Map is a waste of time (especially on the Shy Meadows mission because it is the very first Nav Point).
Under normal circumstances the Lyton Station Mission is actually easy providing you constantly refer to the Nav Map to check where the Cap Ship Missiles are (and providing you save a few Artemis ELRIR's)

------------------

if you look at the files in the data.tre, you can see a bunch of stuff thats in there for a multiplayer game. power-ups and some strings and stuff for it. i think they rushed it out before the multiplayer was done, and just kind of didn't mention it, which kind of sucks, because i think a multiplayer prophecy would have been pretty cool

ahm just to straighten those people out its the begging of episode 3, ie no nav point to goto first cerberus jumps and your thrown in a wasp and suppost to go save em, only they die soon as cerberus jumps before you can even pilot your ship.. can i just reinstall the episodes instead of the whole damn thing?:p i delete base install file long time ago:p

You can try to reinstall the Episode again, though I don't know if it will make a difference because the history folder will still contain all the previous missions flown, new game or not (unless you know which ones to delete...I've never really looked that closely at them).

By 'Base Install File', I assume you mean the main download for SO...I can't believe you deleted that. IIRC you can still download the main game (though not the epsiodes...unless you know where to look!) however whether that is still legal I don't know. The only problem with that is it will take a few hours.

------------------

The original download is completely legal to download, it is being used as a demo for WCP:G. It isn't legal to download episodes 2-7 however.

Even though the main download is available many won't get it because it takes a long time to download with out high speed access.

TC

------------------
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back