3DO or Mac?

Eleazar

Rear Admiral
Another question from the newbie...

I'm about to buy Super Wing Commander and do not know which version is better... 3DO or Mac?

Was anyone in the position to compare these two?

Eleazar

If you're talking about Super Wing Commander, they're identical -- get the Mac so it'll be easier to play.

If you're talking about Wing Commander 3, get the Mac version -- it's identical to the PC version. If you really get into WC, you'll want to play the 3DO version too, because it's significantly different (but not as good a game).

Originally posted by Wedge009
Pardon moi, but is there 'Super' WC on the SNES as well?

Nope - the only SNES version of WC available is the "basic" version of the game.

The original design for the Tiger's Claw is great, IMHO, and surpasses ANY subsequent version.

Uh, LOAF, was that for Iceberg or me?

Rephrase: Which campaigns does the SNES WC have, and are there any differences (story-wise) from the PC version?

That was for IceBerg.

There are two different SNES WC games -- Wing Commander and The Secret Missions. Wing Commander is WC1, with some slight dialogue changes.

- 'Blue Devils' becomes 'Blue Angels'
- Knight is from Zaire instead of South Africa.
- Graphics are EGA instead of VGA.
- The Jalthi looks like a green Salthi.
- Gun colors are different.
- There's a 'enter callsign' screen at the start.
- Less beds in locker room.

SM1 is different...
- Comes with a free poster!
- Has a cinematic introduction about the Proton Accelerator Gun.
- The 'takeoff' scene has an extra portion with a fighter being lifted up.
- Two difficulty modes.
- Capships are very, very easy to destroy.
- Text 'enter callsign' screen.
- No locker room.

Since I'm not as fanatical as some others, it wouldn't be any point in trying to find these, if they're so close to the PC version. (As opposed to SWC)

im back

the mac sucks, it really does, i just discovered i have to test stupid photoshop on it and im really annoyed. save your sanity, buy the 3do version.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
If you're talking about Super Wing Commander, they're identical -- get the Mac so it'll be easier to play.

If you're talking about Wing Commander 3, get the Mac version -- it's identical to the PC version. If you really get into WC, you'll want to play the 3DO version too, because it's significantly different (but not as good a game).

The movies on WC3-3DO are exelent. The ingame graphs are pretty good, similar to a PSX game. But once you play the game, you're hooked. Those movies realy draw you in the game.

Back