3d Models

TheWhiteDog

Spaceman
Hi everyone!

I'm a long-time WC fan, and have been scanning this site for years now. My journey started with WC2, then back to 1, on to 3, 4, Prophecy, and keeping the theme with Starlancer and Freelancer.

What I'm really after is any decent 3d models/meshes someone might have. I'm messing around with 3d-printing, and I've done a good number of fleet-scale fighters via Shapeways. Some of my fighters are from models extracted from the games themselves, then modified in a combination of Netfabb, FreeCAD, and TinkerCAD to achieve something printable at scale. All fall in the neighborhood of 1/2000-1/2500 roughly, with a few outliers.

The most useful would be the Tigershark, Panther, and Condor from Prophecy. It's almost impossible to find decent models of those three.

It's a fun process, and as primarily a collector/modeler now, it's allowed me to keep my love of the WC-universe alive beyond its' demise. It's a lot of fun to pop in the animated series DVD or queue up one of the game-movies on YouTube, and paint some fighters!

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

I'm a long-time WC fan, and have been scanning this site for years now. My journey started with WC2, then back to 1, on to 3, 4, Prophecy, and keeping the theme with Starlancer and Freelancer.

What I'm really after is any decent 3d models/meshes someone might have. I'm messing around with 3d-printing, and I've done a good number of fleet-scale fighters via Shapeways. Some of my fighters are from models extracted from the games themselves, then modified in a combination of Netfabb, FreeCAD, and TinkerCAD to achieve something printable at scale. All fall in the neighborhood of 1/2000-1/2500 roughly, with a few outliers.

The most useful would be the Tigershark, Panther, and Condor from Prophecy. It's almost impossible to find decent models of those three.

It's a fun process, and as primarily a collector/modeler now, it's allowed me to keep my love of the WC-universe alive beyond its' demise. It's a lot of fun to pop in the animated series DVD or queue up one of the game-movies on YouTube, and paint some fighters!

Thanks in advance!
Right now, there is an ongoing a quite active project to upgrade the models for Prophecy, so the ships are being made to modern standards. For the four games before, high definition models do exist for pretty much everything, either as Wing Commander Saga assets or as models by either @DefianceIndustries or @Klavs81. You should check with the people there to get their authorization for using their models first, but the stuff does exist.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I've actually had a look at some of the items in the Privateer archive, and one of the things I'm working on is the Centurion. The downside to some of those models at this scale, is the amount of small details. They either have to be exaggerated or deleted to achieve something printable.

Think of it as Impressionism, only with tiny little starfighters!

Back