3d Model help needed! (Not requesting new model!)

angel_raptor

Spaceman
Hi, I'd like to know why the 3d models I import into 3dsmax9 end up without textures? I'm using the models from the Wing Commander 3d site.

I'm pretty new to modelling so it's probably my lack of understanding on how to properly import a .3ds file, though the same problem happens with the .obj files in the CIC files section (the ship model pack).

Also, Zorath's page has several nice models, but those of MAX 3 are incompatible with my version of 3dsmax (they show up with sqewed and twisted wireframe meshes), even the converted MAX 4/5 model of the Vesuvius on WC 3d only shows up as Wireframe.

The other models on Zorath's page (Max 5 and 7) work fine and even show up with textures in Perspective view.

I've contacted Zorath but he replied saying he just moved to another country and won't be able to fix his files for a year or so, thus I need help. If someone could either help me find a way to properly import these files or if someone could convert them into a format/version I can easily import, that would be greatly appreciated as most of the models I want are available in those 2 websites!

Back