26th Anniversary - WC and Privateer Work

Michael Paul Cottam

Space Marshal
It is now 26 years since I visited Origin in Texas and helped Paul Steed make Wing Commander 3 space ship models using the Origin EOR modeler. Soon after I went back to the UK and started making models for Privateer II the Darkening. EOR was hard and later we used 3D Studio and Animator Pro to make models. This was all before Max and Photoshop. Today I use Maya, ZBrush, and Substance! Doing this work started a life adventure that has taken me all over the world and gave me the opportunity to work at LucasFilm, my life long dream. Thank you guys for kick-starting my game career!

It is now 26 years since I visited Origin in Texas and helped Paul Steed make Wing Commander 3 space ship models using the Origin EOR modeler. Soon after I went back to the UK and started making models for Privateer II the Darkening. EOR was hard and later we used 3D Studio and Animator Pro to make models. This was all before Max and Photoshop. Today I use Maya, ZBrush, and Substance! Doing this work started a life adventure that has taken me all over the world and gave me the opportunity to work at LucasFilm, my life long dream. Thank you guys for kick-starting my game career!

Thank you for a life long hobby, and being a part of the series that inspired me to get into the games industry.

Back